Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i might be in the minority, but i dont give a flying fuck what the result ends up, england winning would be nice and even nicer with a city player scoring the winner, i've even grown to be pissed off with its coming home song, even though i keep singing the fucking thing ,every fucker keeps sending me vids of "funny" its coming home,they aren't funny.

as long as our boys do themselves proud that's all i care about.i have enjoyed the tournament though

I’d start Henderson for Rice

Foden did his starting chances no harm when he came on. I don’t think Saka will start the final. Nor Grealish. Not sure what Mount has done to become a regular, but he will defo start on Sunday.

Italy will be only be worried about their left side as I'm sure nearly every England goal has come from there. They won't worry about balls into the box so Saka and Sterling need to be at their best working it into the middle but they won't have as much space as they've had. If I was Southgate I'd start Grealish or Foden in the middle to switch things up.

The problem I see is being predictable is perhaps Southgate's biggest weakness, he'll probably start the same and then make that exact same sub where he brings on Grealish for Saka and moves Sterling over to the right. Italy are a very strong defensive team and I bet Mancini has already had them practising dealing with all of this.

I also worry for us on the break, there were times last night when Denmark could of got something so we need a really good game in the middle too. If we can somehow control possession, keep them penned back and maybe get the odd chance...

I think it'll be quite a similar game to the German one, very cagey but Italy will pose far more threat on the break. 0-0 and winning on penalties will be probably be the best shout for us...

I think Southgate might try and match Italy like he did with Germany, although i'm not sure if this is such a great idea. Spain have shown that the false 9 and overloading the midfield is the way to go, but no way we drop Kane. I can see Kane dropping into the deeper spaces though, and continuing to play through-balls which worked well last night.

The Telegraph have an article today saying if England win Southgate will get knighted, as will anyone who replicates Hurst's hattrick in a final!

The Telegraph have an article today saying if England win Southgate will get knighted, as will anyone who replicates Hurst's hattrick in a final!

I know it's a bit OTT, but I actually don't mind that for Southgate. Not always been his biggest fan, but I can't deny he's a good, well-meaning bloke and he's really grown into a proper leader for this side. There's a lot of humility to him too, which is a trait that many leaders in this country lack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.