Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Telegraph have an article today saying if England win Southgate will get knighted, as will anyone who replicates Hurst's hattrick in a final!
What if St Marcus comes on and plays a good pass? Earl Marcus, or the Duke of Trafford.

I know it's a bit OTT, but I actually don't mind that for Southgate. Not always been his biggest fan, but I can't deny he's a good, well-meaning bloke and he's really grown into a proper leader for this side. There's a lot of humility to him too, which is a trait that many leaders in this country lack.

I don't mind it at all - Woodward got one for winning the RWC in 2003.

It's more the second bit I find funny, they're already working out what to do if someone scores a hattrick!

Phillips has done more than enough to secure himself a start on the final.

Phillips and Rice are a really good partnership for what they do. Phillips runs an insane amount every match, and presses and harries and wins the ball back without actually making many tackles, which is good because it means no cheap free kicks or yellows.

Rice almost entirely marks space and blocks passing lanes which can go a bit underappreciated, and I certainly was critical of him earlier on in the tournament, but since the Germany game it's really noticable, he just cuts off the supply from midfield to forwards.

I think for England to be a really great side both need to improve on the ball and become more adventurous, quicker, passers, but for the purposes of this tournament, don't mess with a winning formula.

If these islands don't combust in hype and jingoism before Sunday, this should be a great game. I think Italy will win and they certainly will, if you don't go for them from the off. Holding back and playing it safe, or trying to, will, in my view, be a death sentence. On the other hand, play on the front foot and you have the ability to score and win. All depends on what way you play and what Italy turn up.

Reactions: mat
If these islands don't combust in hype and jingoism before Sunday, this should be a great game. I think Italy will win and they certainly will, if you don't go for them from the off. Holding back and playing it safe, or trying to, will, in my view, be a death sentence. On the other hand, play on the front foot and you have the ability to score and win. All depends on what way you play and what Italy turn up.
The celebrity it means so much to me competition was a joy to behold this morning. Incredible levels of cringe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.