It's anti City Day!

It's sadly the state of British journalism on all fronts nowadays.....gone are the days of decent investigative journalism instead it's sell copies at all costs. It's all about fame obsessed 'celebrities', over sensationalism of stories, rumours with no substance and opinionated columns by ill informed agenda-driven cretins (not just football but Politics etc.)

I don't think it is particularly anti-City but much more pro-rags as they have the biggest fanbase (650million remember) and ergo sales and website 'hits' are going to be a premium from these troglodytes. You only have to look at the comments section on these articles to see that it's a majority of non City fans commenting on City stories.

The only true sports journalists are Samuel in the Mail who they like to keep quiet till after an event, Taylor in the Guardian as for some reason he's being given access to City and Winter in the Telegraph who is finally over Cooke/Marwood lying to him over Hughes.

We as a society are partly to blame for allowing the dumbing down of the media.

Infact I blame Simon Cowell for changing a predominantly Blue themed Pop Idol to a predominantly Red themed X-Factor ;-)

Bilboblue said:
mscenterh750 said:
Out of interest, has anyone read the article by Henry Winter today, regarding Toures contract extension ?. If not go on to newsnow and it may still be on there. A very good read and very positive. I would try and copy/paste it, but alas I'm wank at tech stuff. If you find it read it and calm down.

Just found the article on newsnow man city, and its in the top stories column.

Please folks read it and sanity will be restored.

Very good article.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9976395/Manchester-United-v-Manchester-City-Yaya-Toure-deal-shows-Citys-ambition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ition.html</a>

It is a very good article. Winter has had his digs, but on the whole, I believe he is a decent journalist.

Not one these days for banging on about the media bias but, stone me - just seen the paper review on sky and there is nothing good at all in the papers about city ! Its vile today.

Oh well just have to go out and win tonight and make Fleet Street keep their poison pens in their pockets for longer.

Was just watching SSN where they bring a journalist in to discuss the back pages. Mancini said (the same as Roy Keane many years ago) teams are scared to play against the name of Man Utd, which is true. The fool then uses Tottenham as an example as to why that's not true. Clowns.

It's a great pity that the Telegraph also employ a total prat namely Mark Ogden
whose article on the same page as that of Henry Winter in the Sunday Telegraph is in sharp negative contrast................................... and the way Hansen feels the need to continually snipe at us is becoming tedious and so predictable.

deano ou812 said:
The problem also is that the constant crap that they write about the club or players is that eventually if they keep on repeating it people begin to accept it as the truth,i honestly thought after winning the title it would ease but by fcuk its got worse.Maybe next season the club will start to come down with an iron fist on those hacks that continue to write the shit and the hidden digs at the club,if its good enough for bacon face then we can do it as well....

“If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. ” ― Joseph Goebbels

“The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it.” ― Joseph Goebbels

Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”
― Joseph Goebbels

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” ― Joseph Goebbels

A large part of this thread, as with many other like it, is hallmarked by those that get pissed off with what the press writes and those that don't care.

And when you think about it, in a sense it's a bit precious to be bothered by what some journalist writes and thinks, or, in some instances I have no doubt, is told to think.

To those that say it doesn't matter I would say this: if our club is to become all that we want it to be, to push on and be seen as a genuine force in the game, it is going to be hampered from achieving that aim as long as the press look upon us as an easy target; a source of mild contempt and derision.

In spite of their waning influence the written press still have tremendous power over the mindset of the general public. You may not feel it matters how neutrals and fans of other clubs perceive City, and personally I much prefer engaging with those that still look down their nose at us as it's much more entertaining, but if we want to be a choice for players alongside the likes of Bayern Munich and AC Milan without having to pay more wedge then we need to be taken more seriously as a club.

The fact that little credit is given by the press for the transformation we have made to date is indicative of what a task that is going to be. We have taken on a sporting ATM in united and it is of little wonder that we are meeting resistance along the way from those with their snouts in the trough.

I'm not sure there's a simple solution and I know that the ethos from the top at City is one of enduring co-operation with the press. It's served us pretty well so, far, we are big, big news in the football world, but something fundamental has to change if we are to make that transition from what some in the press like to report as a footballing freak show to that which the breathtaking plans for this football club deserve.

TGR said:
deano ou812 said:
The problem also is that the constant crap that they write about the club or players is that eventually if they keep on repeating it people begin to accept it as the truth,i honestly thought after winning the title it would ease but by fcuk its got worse.Maybe next season the club will start to come down with an iron fist on those hacks that continue to write the shit and the hidden digs at the club,if its good enough for bacon face then we can do it as well....

“If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. ” ― Joseph Goebbels

“The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it.” ― Joseph Goebbels

Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”
― Joseph Goebbels

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” ― Joseph Goebbels

THIS with fucking knobs on!

Alan Brazil/Paul Mcgrath both said this morning that its been a disappointing season and we must go to the Swamp and play for pride.

Er... I think they have forgotten we have a semi final on Sunday and we are still mathematically in the title race.

With their alcoholic background they must have been drinking early this morning.

We will never be accepted as champions as it takes the gloss off them lot.

If we win the FA Cup that will be trophies in all 3 seasons of Mancinis reign.

Can any one else say that.

AucklandBlue said:
It's sadly the state of British journalism on all fronts nowadays.....gone are the days of decent investigative journalism instead it's sell copies at all costs. It's all about fame obsessed 'celebrities', over sensationalism of stories, rumours with no substance and opinionated columns by ill informed agenda-driven cretins (not just football but Politics etc.)

I don't think it is particularly anti-City but much more pro-rags as they have the biggest fanbase (650million remember) and ergo sales and website 'hits' are going to be a premium from these troglodytes. You only have to look at the comments section on these articles to see that it's a majority of non City fans commenting on City stories.

The only true sports journalists are Samuel in the Mail who they like to keep quiet till after an event, Taylor in the Guardian as for some reason he's being given access to City and Winter in the Telegraph who is finally over Cooke/Marwood lying to him over Hughes.

We as a society are partly to blame for allowing the dumbing down of the media.

Infact I blame Simon Cowell for changing a predominantly Blue themed Pop Idol to a predominantly Red themed X-Factor ;-)

I'm 45. When were these days of decent investigative journalism exactly? Did I sleep through that era?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.