It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellamyend said:
richards30 said:
Bellamyend said:
Admire your optimism but not a chance this will happen
whys that mate?? its a fucking great offer!!!

2yrs left on his contract at £170k per week

Isn't that roughly about £10m? But if they were getting him as part of a Bale deal, that's all they'd be paying - no fee. And they could pay him it in a lump sum rather than actually 'as wages' if you know what I mean, so it caused less unrest among their existing players.

I have to agree and i also stated the same in another thread, what we need to do now asap is get rid of the dead wood that is no longer required. With these players still lingering around at other clubs on loan it is effectively having a input as to what we can offer in terms of wage structure to potential signings.

Santa Cruz, lets just take a hit (not a massive one) and just sell him to get him of our wage bill, along with Wayne Bridge.

We need width, so get Bale. he is proven in the league and in Europe. Throw in Adebayor as part of the deal, that is one in one out simple.

Even though we're now dining at the top table, it doesn't necessarily mean that all of our targets will want to move. The sort of top, regular starting 11 players we're now looking at in the main are going to be part of the top 4 clubs in their respective countries, minimum. We are going to get knocked back, especially as the likely teams we're competing with have at this moment in time a greater allure than ourselves for the majority of players; whether that's history, success, even financial incentive (look at Hazard and Chelsea). I'm confident we will sign players that will only benefit our club, whether they were first choice or not. As I've seen on this forum a few times, even if Aguero wasn't second choice to Sanchez, I doubt both deals could have been funded with FFP in mind. So whoever we sign, the chances are they are going to be quality additions to a squad of players that are, lest we forget, PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS :)

So it's no go to:

Hummels and Gotze due to long contracts
Hazard signed for Chelsea
Lavezzi PSG bound
Falcao and Cavani to expensive
Martinez staying put
T Silva not for sale/too expensive

So that leaves Bale and RVP.

Remember when they said City wouldn't be able to attract any big names unless we got Champions League football? Before we managed that we got Tevez, Yaya, Dzeko, Balotelli, and Silva. Since we've managed it, we have landed Aguero and Nasri but missed out on main targets Sanchez and Hazard, and now another primary target Martinez looks like he'll be a challenge to sign.

Bale will be our first option to add the width to our squad, if we get him great. However our second option could be Argentinian Matias Rodriguez.

Rodriguez helped Chilean side Universidad de Chile win the Copa Sudamericana, the South American equivalent to the Europa League. He is 26 and reportedly we would be able to get him for around £7million

LoveCity said:
Remember when they said City wouldn't be able to attract any big names unless we got Champions League football? Before we managed that we got Tevez, Yaya, Dzeko, Balotelli, and Silva. Since we've managed it, we have landed Aguero and Nasri but missed out on main targets Sanchez and Hazard, and now another primary target Martinez looks like he'll be a challenge to sign.

It's crazy to think about what this team would look like with those two in it. Wouldn't even be fair to be honest. I'm still very optimistic about this window, but I think everyone would have to agree it hasn't got off to a great start.

CTIDANDREW said:
LoveCity said:

It's crazy to think about what this team would look like with those two in it. Wouldn't even be fair to be honest. I'm still very optimistic about this window, but I think everyone would have to agree it hasn't got off to a great start.

Agreed. I would be more than happy if the only transfers to happen this season were removing all the deadwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.