It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a no brainer we are signing messi! If we pay £200million the amount of fans he has will then buy city shirts with his name on the back city will be quids in, platini can fuck off and city will win forever more!

City Raider said:
don't see how alves as a winger is a system fit, mancini doesnt play with wingers, if he comes its as a rb
"we don't play with wingers", how often I've heard this blurted out , but only half as often as I've heard "we need an extra dimension" in reply

mansour's tow ropes said:
grunge said:
jonmcity said:
Manchester City are set to make another move to sign Barcelona full-back Dani Alves. According to reports in Spain they have offered £12m and Aleksandar Kolarov for the 29-year-old Brazilian.

Would make sense, thinking about it we have Zabba and Micha as right backs, Zabba being one of the most versatile player going he will fit in anywhere.

So Alves and Micha as RB's would work in the "Need" sense.
That would make no sense. As league champions, we should be looking to get a left back to cover, not shifting a right back to that position.

RB is our least problematic position, plus alves is getting on and is a ****.

The spanish cap reference makes me think muniain, cant see it thougj

Eh? we have 1 native RB ( Richards ) and 2 native LB ( Chichy/Kolorov ) so some cover/competition for RB would be good. Zabba does cover it but thats not his native position, he's a defensive midfielder but is so versatile he can fit pretty much anywhere anywhere

Have to agree about Alves being a c*nt though, only came to that from the Barca' comments from Tolm.

Joehannes said:
City Raider said:
don't see how alves as a winger is a system fit, mancini doesnt play with wingers, if he comes its as a rb
"we don't play with wingers", how often I've heard this blurted out , but only half as often as I've heard "we need an extra dimension" in reply

it doesnt really matter what anyone thinks or wants, the only factor is how mancini wants his teams set-up and the overwhelming evidence is that it's without wingers

City Raider said:
Joehannes said:
City Raider said:

it doesnt really matter what anyone thinks or wants, the only factor is how mancini wants his teams set-up and the overwhelming evidence is that it's without wingers

Last year we played without wingers and very attacking. The year before we were defensive as hell, next year who knows??

City Raider said:
Joehannes said:
City Raider said:

I'm not saying that it will be a massive signing, the winger, but I would expect one maybe even two to be brought in. Both likely to be powerful, raw, quick and probably cheap. Hence the Rodriguez interest.

grunge said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
grunge said:
Would make sense, thinking about it we have Zabba and Micha as right backs, Zabba being one of the most versatile player going he will fit in anywhere.

So Alves and Micha as RB's would work in the "Need" sense.
That would make no sense. As league champions, we should be looking to get a left back to cover, not shifting a right back to that position.

RB is our least problematic position, plus alves is getting on and is a ****.

The spanish cap reference makes me think muniain, cant see it thougj

Eh? we have 1 native RB ( Richards ) and 2 native LB ( Chichy/Kolorov ) so some cover/competition for RB would be good. Zabba does cover it but thats not his native position, he's a defensive midfielder but is so versatile he can fit pretty much anywhere anywhere

Have to agree about Alves being a c*nt though, only came to that from the Barca' comments from Tolm.

Irrelevant really, as Zaba is never going to be played as a DM in this squad unless we have a crippling amount of injuries. Whilst he's here he's a full back, and predominantly a right one given the existence of Clichy and Kolarov.

Munian would be amazing, as would Thiago Alcantara. Doubt we'd see either here though.

tomhawley said:
Zabaleta is a right back - not a defensive midfielder

If I recall we bought and played him as a DM, His Wiki Page says DM/Full back.

Although I did just read an interview with him ( <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/pablo-zabaleta-a-player-for-all-positions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/sport/footbal ... -positions</a> ) where he says he is a natural RB.

So I'll hold my hands up to that one. Either way, He can play pretty much anywhere :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.