It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thiago Alcantara? If our other targets are like this one we won't sign anyone, to be honest. Everybody says he'll be one of the best players in the world and Xavi will be 33 in January... of course they won't sell him. Plus we already have Silva and Nasri so why Thiago? Only Adriano and Tello/Afellay from Barca are possible.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:38 pm --<br /><br />If Real wants Tevez... I'd like to see Higuain and Sahin here. Wonder what Mourinho thinks about NDJ.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
LoveCity said:
So Thiago Alcantara was our target and it isn't happening?

Another one bites the dust, seemingly.

Another bloody Freddie Mercury reference.

The lad is dynamite but wasting our time.

but the sahin stuff is actually real? we're so in need of a long passer and hes too perfect

bapi said:
Thiago Alcantara? If our other targets are like this one we won't sign anyone, to be honest. Everybody says he'll be one of the best players in the world and Xavi will be 33 in January... of course they won't sell him. Plus we already have Silva and Nasri so why Thiago? Only Adriano and Tello/Afellay from Barca are possible.

City just not interested in cast-offs, the reality is we only want to choose from a handful of targets.

As for Thiago, it's a fair bet we didn't travel to visit the Ramblas.

Something must have warranted it.

And hence my excitement, although most posters never even cited him in the equation.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bapi said:
Thiago Alcantara? If our other targets are like this one we won't sign anyone, to be honest. Everybody says he'll be one of the best players in the world and Xavi will be 33 in January... of course they won't sell him. Plus we already have Silva and Nasri so why Thiago? Only Adriano and Tello/Afellay from Barca are possible.

City just not interested in cast-offs, the reality is we only want to choose from a handful of targets.

And hence my excitement, although most posters never even cited him in the equation.

that's a shame because as you say, the guy is absolute dynamite !

It does show us the calibre of player we are after though.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The turkey is over. Leftovers only to report from a visit, gutted to report.

Thiago staying put.

Also held talks with Silva agent out in Spain, much better outcome of this.

The Real enquiry for Tevez has a number of swap suggestions, including Sahin.
What about Thiago Silva? Are we interested, TH?

It shows real ambition and self assurance to go after Thiago at Barcelona... but I wonder what on earth made us believe it was a possibility to begin with. He'll be playing more and more for his beloved Barcelona and they rate him as a definite future midfield maestro.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bapi said:

I think it was leewill who warrants the cigar, he was bang on with his thinking.

brian the blue said:
Would be great if we could offload Tevez to Madrid. Although I have absolutely no faith in it happening.

Why would it be great to offload tevez, a premiership quality proven striker who fits into our system? Too much changing of the team/squad could negatively affect the performances

we need to strengthen in areas but striker isnt one of them with aguero, tevez balo and dzeko giving us a variety of options (unless of course one of them wants to leave...then its a different matter altogether)

Matt the Giant said:
It shows real ambition and self assurance to go after Thiago at Barcelona... but I wonder what on earth made us believe it was a possibility to begin with. He'll be playing more and more for his beloved Barcelona and they rate him as a definite future midfield maestro.

City must have had the thumbs up from his agent to even consider opening up discussions with Barca.

Yes this is tapping up, but people who think transfers are done 'correctly' these days are naive to say the least.

Most transfers involve buying club contacting agent, or even vice versa before said clubs even begin to negotiate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.