It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats another stroked off the list,who will we move for next,is it me and i know its still early in the transfer window but are we struggling to get players in...even if it is a short list of players we are working from...

deano ou812 said:
thats another stroked off the list,who will we move for next,is it me and i know its still early in the transfer window but are we struggling to get players in...even if it is a short list of players we are working from...

A random thought but I wonder if the departure of Garry Cook has anything to do with this. He managed to close deals for Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Tevez, Dzeko, and Nasri while missing out on Kaka and Sanchez. This summer we've missed out on Hazard and other targets like Thiago Silva and Javi Martinez seem to be passing us by. Is MacBeath doing the negotiations?

deano ou812 said:

Any club in the world will find it difficult to sign players from the elite group. We have done well so far, getting people like Aguero, Silva & Yaya.

If we can get another one of that quality in this window, we will be doing better than most teams.

deano ou812 said:

I would imagine it is very hard to get players in when you only go after the very best. One, the money involved in buying them. Two, the money involved in paying them. And three, club loyalties from said players. Oh four, if they are the best players, the biggest clubs will all want them.

It's not like trying sign Stelios Giannakopulos from Bolton!

LoveCity said:
deano ou812 said:

A random thought but I wonder if the departure of Garry Cook has anything to do with this. He managed to close deals for Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Tevez, Dzeko, and Nasri while missing out on Kaka and Sanchez. This summer we've missed out on Hazard and other targets like Thiago Silva and Javi Martinez seem to be passing us by. Is MacBeath doing the negotiations?

It could be Brian Marwood with either John Williams or MacBeath helping. I think we will at least get one big deal done.

lets just wait and see what suprises are coming in the next few weeks :) Tolmie is posting in good faith but most of his videos can relate to quite a few players and arent nailed on just his opinion like this barcelona link..

Think we are not offering silly wages now so we are going of us being league winners and prospect of coming and winning Trophies...

Our squad is good enough without any new player for this season, so 1 major signing if possible would be good, it looks like Mancini is after a holding midfielder who can spray the ball either flank but is top quality! Can't think of anyone myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.