It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon23 said:
is it not just best to bite the bullet with the likes of bridge rsc etc and get rid of them (for possibly less money than they are worth) just to get their wages off the books??????

They will all demand pay offs, based on their contracts.

Adebayor gets close to £8m a year from City with two years left.

City would let him go for £10m today but Adebayor knows he won't get even half his present wages elsewhere.

It would cost us a year's wages to get rid, on top of a hugely discounted transfer fee.

Which is why Bridge and even Danny Mills stayed like bad smells.

Our fault end of the day.

117 M34 said:
simon23 said:
is it not just best to bite the bullet with the likes of bridge rsc etc and get rid of them (for possibly less money than they are worth) just to get their wages off the books??????

What is less than nothing?
What makes you think some other team would be as stupid as us?

eh?

where did i say we should give them away for free????

We will just have to except less money than maybe we expect for them...if we dont their contracts will run down and then they will leave for free!

We will just have to except less money than maybe we expect for them...if we dont their contracts will run down and then they will leave for free!
Agreed

IMO we will be lucky to get 5-8m for him otherwise all we will do is loan him out again all the power is with the players. Not the players fault it was our mistake in the first place, same with bridge and RSC and if QPR want the pair for as little as 3m I would let them go.

Rammyblues said:
Agreed

IMO we will be lucky to get 5-8m for him otherwise all we will do is loan him out again all the power is with the players. Not the players fault it was our mistake in the first place, same with bridge and RSC and if QPR want the pair for as little as 3m I would let them go.

di let bridge and rsc go for free if it means getting them off the books...both are bloody useless anyway

give ade to spurs for 8-10m max...maybe less if we can get one of their promising youth team players or something?!?!?!?

dont take this as a flapping post it is far from it but seems with need to stamp our presence a little more in Europe i.e the champions league before we can really start reeling in the the players that might be a little hesitant at the moment at coming to city.

gutted about Alcantara quality player that we so badly needed that would have shined in our squad.

simon23 said:
117 M34 said:
simon23 said:

What is less than nothing?
What makes you think some other team would be as stupid as us?

eh?

where did i say we should give them away for free????

Just leave them inthe reserves and ignore them, they'll soon get pissed off with that, what ever we do we should not loan them out, they will be well stressed.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
g180aj said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Apologies if not clear. In reference to our Dave, Marwood made it clear this new deal is to tie Merlin down for his best years.

The inability to shift on the likes of Adebayor is not helping one bit.

I just hope we don't blink in our stance over Van Persie if things start to get desperate elsewhere.

Ihate to bust ure nuts tolm but is there any more info on other poss swap deals from rea
l for carlos, or how likely sahin would be i.e. how interested in him we are??

We are offered players almost every day of the week, you only have to recall the comments from Benzema's 'bogus' agent the other day to appreciate City have to do a lot of their own leg work to establish what is genuine and what's not.

So many promising the earth, but no mandate and the club moves on. I get a sense of us digging-in this window and refusing to compromise on both incomings and outgoings.

Tevez camp would take Madrid tomorrow, had always been his dream destination. Where this would leave Benzema or Higuain, not sure.

Sahin's name has been floated to Spurs re Modric, but he is surely on bigger wages than they can afford, so Mancini only has to make the call.

thanks for the info tolm, i guess we just have to hope Mancini rates Sahin as much as i do. I think he would be ideal to replace Barry for the long term.
i think Sahin, rodriguez, higuain and a good cb would be a great summer as far as im concerned. Preff not skirtel but if bobby wants him then so be it.

When arguably only Real Madrid and Barca are in front of us its not easy to sign players that will improve us now. The sooner the Spanish economy impacts on those two the better.

Bridge and RSC don't help but they are looking out for themselves.

If we wanted to help ourselves long term we would employ Porto's scouts and save ourselves a fortune.

It's a shame it's all bad news at the moment but there is a long way to go and the last 2.5 years suggests we know what we are doing.

There aren't many Silvas anf Yayas out there other than at the big two and when they do come up RM or Barca snaffle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.