It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
petrovs right boot said:
Tolm,how imminent are signings mate??

Not soon enough for most!

Presumably its all a game TH, eg if we make a big signing, the other clubs knowthat we would be even more desperate to get a big earner off the books, so they would look to reduce transfer fees etc

So its more important to off load a couple before we show our hand?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Zab and Silva going absolutely nowhere.

For some reason I think it's Richards who might be on the way out. As much as he did improve last year he still isn't comfortable carrying the ball forward has a pretty poor crossing ability and still sleeps in in defence, and is caught out not getting back when he does go forward. Mancini was always very non-committal when asked about him going for the England set-up and hasn't vetoed the Olympics in favor or a preseason with the club. I mean the other 2 older players are well into their 30's and won't be playing as automatic first team players next year.
It wouldn't be my ideal way to do things this summer but if the owners want to fast track us for a European challenge then I would imagine Richards, Lescott, de Jong,Barry and Tevez would be the ones to lose out. I get the feeling Dzeko might not be safe either as I suspect
there is still a feeling of being let down by him on Mancini's part from that night in Munich. He started most games before that and was scoring plenty but after he seemed to be put to the bench for Mario who seems to be Mancini's private project but I suspect he will have to step up this year or see his bags packed

tolmie's hairdoo said:
petrovs right boot said:
Tolm,how imminent are signings mate??

Not soon enough for most!

-- Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 am --

Cheadle Blue said:
crystal_mais said:
seems fair although I am slightly gutted about Dzeko. Still think he can score 20 goals a season for us given the chance

Kolo, Ade, RSC, and NDJ's wages per week, can't be far of £300 - £350k in total. let alone getting anyone else off the books

Try closer to £450k!

And that's before Tevez and Dzeko!

You have to factor in pay-offs to some of these guys, though.

Still dont understand our transfer policy though

If we were prepared to spunk fook knows how much on Hazard then at very least i would have expected to see some transfer activity

We must be utterely fooked on the FFFP front if we have to sell before we buy

Dj1979 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Zab and Silva going absolutely nowhere.

For some reason I think it's Richards who might be on the way out. As much as he did improve last year he still isn't comfortable carrying the ball forward has a pretty poor crossing ability and still sleeps in in defence, and is caught out not getting back when he does go forward. Mancini was always very non-committal when asked about him going for the England set-up and hasn't vetoed the Olympics in favor or a preseason with the club. I mean the other 2 older players are well into their 30's and won't be playing as automatic first team players next year.
It wouldn't be my ideal way to do things this summer but if the owners want to fast track us for a European challenge then I would imagine Richards, Lescott, de Jong,Barry and Tevez would be the ones to lose out. I get the feeling Dzeko might not be safe either as I suspect
there is still a feeling of being let down by him on Mancini's part from that night in Munich. He started most games before that and was scoring plenty but after he seemed to be put to the bench for Mario who seems to be Mancini's private project but I suspect he will have to step up this year or see his bags packed

Can't see richards going, imo he was the best attacking full back in the prem last year. forget crossing ability, he flies into the area at pace which opposition defenders hate. his aerial ability is fantastic, and he's strong.

so its Dzeko, Kolarov, Tevez , Adebayor , Bridge , Roque out

ins mancini and city working on silva, ibra, rvp, martinez ?

Adebayor 170k, RSC 90k, Kolo 90k and DJ 80k. Give it take 10k its 400+k a week, then you have us getting 10k a week for Bridge.

Tevez on 198k, Dzeko on 140k and Kolorov (not sure but surely more than 70k). So there's another 400k.

Silva, Martinez and RVP would command around 500-500k in wages. Then you have squad additions to what we actually need like a wide player and LB to replace Kolarov. In all likelyhood the club will remain equal or less wage wise and outgoing player fees will pay for our acquisitions.

TH has made my day with this. Dropping the deadwood and then the players that Mancini doesn't fancy.

Made 11 starters world beaters, have a solid bench and then a squad of promising prospects and graduates.

Bluemoon has risen boys and girls. When you think top teams are picking off our leftovers, then the boat has well and truely arrived.

Forza Mancini!!!

We were prepared to spunk money on Hazard because he was available at that time. We are now moving on to other targets. You can't say we didn't spend 30m on Hazard so a week later we spend 30m on someone else.

I don't think we are "fooked" on the FFP front. PSG are making a mockery of it so UEFA can fuck off.

What we are doing is smart. I think we have signings in the pipeline but they are being held up because players are on holiday or their club can't get a replacement in so we are using this time we have to clear the deadwood.

I can't imagine Mancini being told he cannot do anything until players leave. He want's them gone regardless and it is just happening before we sign anyone.

I can see us paying some club a third of a players wages until the end of their City contract to convince some players to make the move. Still, better to be paying a third of their wages and have a transfer fee come in than zero transfer fee and full wages :)

Not too bothered about Kolo, Kolarov, NDJ but some regrets. Dzeko, would be disappointed to see him leave

Adebayor, RSC, Tevez & Bridge I'd drive them to their new club myself (and not ask for petrol money)

Seriously, of that list, 3 never played and 5 had been relegated to backup/option players. I bet there's somewhere close to £900k/week in wages in that 8 all together (£47m/year) - doh!

Tolmie, have you any news on Weiss, MJ, Boyata and Savic. As they say every little helps... with FFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.