It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does concern me though is that, there is dzeko and possibly tevez leaving, as chances are we cant promise that they will start each game. but then once they or one of them goes , we then bring in rvp and then we are back to where we started with 3-4 top class striker fighting for a spot, and we will then have the same problem next year. with balotelli or whoever wanting out as they dont get games

Dj1979 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Zab and Silva going absolutely nowhere.

For some reason I think it's Richards who might be on the way out. As much as he did improve last year he still isn't comfortable carrying the ball forward has a pretty poor crossing ability and still sleeps in in defence, and is caught out not getting back when he does go forward. Mancini was always very non-committal when asked about him going for the England set-up and hasn't vetoed the Olympics in favor or a preseason with the club. I mean the other 2 older players are well into their 30's and won't be playing as automatic first team players next year.
It wouldn't be my ideal way to do things this summer but if the owners want to fast track us for a European challenge then I would imagine Richards, Lescott, de Jong,Barry and Tevez would be the ones to lose out. I get the feeling Dzeko might not be safe either as I suspect
there is still a feeling of being let down by him on Mancini's part from that night in Munich. He started most games before that and was scoring plenty but after he seemed to be put to the bench for Mario who seems to be Mancini's private project but I suspect he will have to step up this year or see his bags packed

why would we get rid of richards? as we need him for our club home grown quota, at present we have richards, boyata, mj and guidetti. there's doubts about guidetti, mj is finished and boyata spent last season on an unsuccessful loan with bolton.

CTID101 said:
We were prepared to spunk money on Hazard because he was available at that time. We are now moving on to other targets. You can't say we didn't spend 30m on Hazard so a week later we spend 30m on someone else.

I don't think we are "fooked" on the FFP front. PSG are making a mockery of it so UEFA can fuck off.

What we are doing is smart. I think we have signings in the pipeline but they are being held up because players are on holiday or their club can't get a replacement in so we are using this time we have to clear the deadwood.

I can't imagine Mancini being told he cannot do anything until players leave. He want's them gone regardless and it is just happening before we sign anyone.

Well put.

We want to be 'seen' to be at least acknowledging the landscape ahead. UEFA don't need any more excuses to set us apart.

We are a team of Champions and no longer need to go cap in hand to anybody.

Let Chelsea and PSG ride a coach and horses through the impending rules, we are much farther down the line than them, it can only do us good.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
CITYROBBO said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV6Is6PS-98[/youtube]

TUNEEEEEE. Tolm any news on thiago silva are we back in for him ??

Milan trying to convince us they are operating in our best interests!

I think Bobby is wise in the ways of his countrymen and particular agents.

Both Ibra and Thiago are up for grabs, but straight swaps are notoriously difficult and rare these days.

Clubs always put an unrealistic valuation on their own and we are not interested in making up huge shortfalls to bail-out clubs without a pot to piss in.

Someone has to wipe their eye.

RVP still a primary target but this summer will catch plenty by surprise, I'm sure.

Tolm, can I ask.....is this 'surprise' pretty much certain to happen then? Appreciate that you never know in football, but is it looking likely?

dctid said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
petrovs right boot said:
Tolm,how imminent are signings mate??

Not soon enough for most!

-- Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 am --

Cheadle Blue said:
Kolo, Ade, RSC, and NDJ's wages per week, can't be far of £300 - £350k in total. let alone getting anyone else off the books

Try closer to £450k!

And that's before Tevez and Dzeko!

You have to factor in pay-offs to some of these guys, though.

Still dont understand our transfer policy though

If we were prepared to spunk fook knows how much on Hazard then at very least i would have expected to see some transfer activity

We must be utterely fooked on the FFFP front if we have to sell before we buy

Signing Hazard had no bearing on the team really, his inclusion didn't jeopardise anything.

The other signings all do. If we sign RVP then when we sell a striker we get less as clubs know we need to sell. That's the answer for Dzeko and Tevez. Silva is a challenge to sign because hes involved with Milan and also a top, top player. If we sign LB like Digne then Kolarovs value drops as does Kolo if we sign CB.

It's more a case of saying your happy with frontline (as has been said), sit back, hope for bids and scour world for replacement of choosing. It takes no time to buy in comparison to sell.

Not many clubs want big players on big wages signing early in transfer window. Pres season training is ideal and all but big players are signed late due to wages. Buying a Tevez now would cost us £1mill for the next 5 weeks yet he wouldn't kick a ball competitively in the league. A major factor for all clubs imo.

Would be absolutely gutted if micah was sold, why is it that people seem to have forgotten just how good he is because he was replaced by zabba due to an injury last season?

He's top class and young, our right back options are fantastic. There are much more important areas that need to be addressed ie winger, world class centre half ( happy if we stick with lescott mind),quality centre midfielder and then a striker and LB should players leave.

I'm hoping for:
sahin/de rossi
Bale ( won't happen but he'd be perfect)
Thiago

Then if kolarov and say dzeko leave i'd like
RVP
Digne

Mr Blue Stuff said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
CITYROBBO said:
TUNEEEEEE. Tolm any news on thiago silva are we back in for him ??

Milan trying to convince us they are operating in our best interests!

I think Bobby is wise in the ways of his countrymen and particular agents.

Both Ibra and Thiago are up for grabs, but straight swaps are notoriously difficult and rare these days.

Clubs always put an unrealistic valuation on their own and we are not interested in making up huge shortfalls to bail-out clubs without a pot to piss in.

Someone has to wipe their eye.

RVP still a primary target but this summer will catch plenty by surprise, I'm sure.

Tolm, can I ask.....is this 'surprise' pretty much certain to happen then? Appreciate that you never know in football, but is it looking likely?

You have the answer to your own question Mr Blue Stuff!

Nothing I can say will impact on the timeline or success of deals.

Why are people talking about Micah leaving? He can become on of the best right back in the world. We would be stupid to sell him

I can't see Micah going anywhere. He loves this club and realistically he is the best RB in the league and just look how far he is come under Mancini already.

I think Mancini "criticizes" the players that he sees the most potential in and works harder to help them achieve it.
He does it with Balotelli and Adam Johnson as well. It is up to them if they respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.