It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheadle Blue said:
Dj1979 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Zab and Silva going absolutely nowhere.

For some reason I think it's Richards who might be on the way out. As much as he did improve last year he still isn't comfortable carrying the ball forward has a pretty poor crossing ability and still sleeps in in defence, and is caught out not getting back when he does go forward. Mancini was always very non-committal when asked about him going for the England set-up and hasn't vetoed the Olympics in favor or a preseason with the club. I mean the other 2 older players are well into their 30's and won't be playing as automatic first team players next year.
It wouldn't be my ideal way to do things this summer but if the owners want to fast track us for a European challenge then I would imagine Richards, Lescott, de Jong,Barry and Tevez would be the ones to lose out. I get the feeling Dzeko might not be safe either as I suspect
there is still a feeling of being let down by him on Mancini's part from that night in Munich. He started most games before that and was scoring plenty but after he seemed to be put to the bench for Mario who seems to be Mancini's private project but I suspect he will have to step up this year or see his bags packed

Can't see richards going, imo he was the best attacking full back in the prem last year. forget crossing ability, he flies into the area at pace which opposition defenders hate. his aerial ability is fantastic, and he's strong.

I wouldn't want to get rid either just speculative conjecture from the clue given. At the end of the day though I can't remember many assists from Richards last year no point in flying into the box past the last defender and then putting in a poor ball. As for his heading he scored 1-2 goals last year and was out scored by lescott and kompany ended up with more goals than both of them. I would like him to stay but think he has a lot of improving to do. If I'm honest I think walker is a better attacking full back because of his ability on the ball but he is worse than Richards in defence

tolmie's hairdoo said:
This is a good team we have, rather than a great one.

The owners and Bobby know they have to be ruthless to go to the next level, plenty of us won't like it.

But when these bombs do drop, the only people who should be complaining are and will be our rivals.

Kill them, kill them all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCGtT_FRYg[/youtube]

Agreed. I am concerned that everyone might be getting wrapped in how good our squad is atm. A title winning is squad is clearly a good squad, but someone wins the title every don't they? To challenge Barca and Real we need to strengthen, but strengthen in the right areas.

Not renewing NDJ contract would be very foolish. Excellent squad player, perfect for seeing tight games out and ideal cover for
Cup competitions. More importantly, he is very good friends with most in the squad and does a lot for harmony.

Vincent said:
Not renewing NDJ contract would be very foolish. Excellent squad player, perfect for seeing tight games out and ideal cover for
Cup competitions. More importantly, he is very good friends with most in the squad and does a lot for harmony.

all depends on NDJ

he may not like being a long term squad player and may want to play first team football to ensure that he doesn't get dropped of his National team

some players will move for more regular football

Micah is homegrown we have to have these players in our squad, he is going nowhere.

Vincent said:
He has been offered 100 grand a week which is a 20 grand pay increase on what he is meant to be earning now and he wants more. Don't think we should just cave in to his demands cause he seems like a good laugh in the changing room. In footballing terms I'm not sure if he even worth 100 grand a week so think the clubs doing the right thing

Dj1979 said:
Vincent said:
He has been offered 100 grand a week which is a 20 grand pay increase on what he is meant to be earning now and he wants more. Don't think we should just cave in to his demands cause he seems like a good laugh in the changing room. In footballing terms I'm not sure if he even worth 100 grand a week so think the clubs doing the right thing

There will be plenty who will offer him more,thats for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.