It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
whicko said:
Dj1979 said:
Vincent said:
Not renewing NDJ contract would be very foolish. Excellent squad player, perfect for seeing tight games out and ideal cover for
Cup competitions. More importantly, he is very good friends with most in the squad and does a lot for harmony.
He has been offered 100 grand a week which is a 20 grand pay increase on what he is meant to be earning now and he wants more. Don't think we should just cave in to his demands cause he seems like a good laugh in the changing room. In footballing terms I'm not sure if he even worth 100 grand a week so think the clubs doing the right thing

There will be plenty who will offer him more,thats for sure!

Doubtful, £100k a week is a hell of a lot of money for a normal club, especially for a holding midfielder, and I can't see him going to a Chelsea or Madrid.

kenzie115 said:
whicko said:
Dj1979 said:
He has been offered 100 grand a week which is a 20 grand pay increase on what he is meant to be earning now and he wants more. Don't think we should just cave in to his demands cause he seems like a good laugh in the changing room. In footballing terms I'm not sure if he even worth 100 grand a week so think the clubs doing the right thing

Doubtful, £100k a week is a hell of a lot of money for a normal club, especially for a holding midfielder, and I can't see him going to a Chelsea or Madrid.

But a defender like TS could get £180K+ ??

kenzie115 said:
whicko said:
Dj1979 said:

Don't rule out the Rags!!

NDJ is a very useful player but isn't worth anything more than £100,000 p/w. It depends who we have lined up as an replacement.

oakiecokie said:
kenzie115 said:
whicko said:

But a defender like TS could get £180K+ ??

Thiago Silva is on of the most sought after defenders in Europe so yes, how many top clubs would be interested in De Jong? Could you see Barca, Madrid, Inter etc trying to sign him?

kenzie115 said:
Thiago Silva is on of the most sought after defenders in Europe so yes, how many top clubs would be interested in De Jong? Could you see Barca, Madrid, Inter etc trying to sign him?

Well Inter and AC have both expressed interested in him.

But De Jong has suffered from footballer's greed and paid for it, should have signed the contract on offer a year ago, now not so important as he was. I think we will sell him, I love Nige and have been a staunch defender of him against some vocal haters on BM but there are options out there that are more well rounded midfielders now if we're willing to spend some money as we seem reluctant to do at the moment.

LoveCity said:
kenzie115 said:

But De Jong has suffered from footballer's greed and paid for it, should have signed the contract on offer a year ago, now not so important as he was. I think we will sell him, I love Nige and have been a staunch defender of him against some vocal haters on BM but there are options out there that are more well rounded midfielders now if we're willing to spend some money as we seem reluctant to do at the moment.
Are Inter or Milan offering NDJ more wages than we are offering do you know?

As much as i want us to go to the next level, i cant help thinking that if some of the rumours are true we are wasting money! I would love Guidetti to get a chance as our 4th/5th striker next year, why do we need another one?!

I would say Javi Martinez would be fantastic signing and maybe another winger as AJ is hit and miss, I would of liked to have seen Skrtel too to rotate with the CB's. But our squad is already fantastic and i would love the likes of Rekik, Suarez, Guidetti, etc to get more of a chance next year. I trust RM and the owners and i'm sure they wont, but i just hope we dont end up buying for the sake of buying! Not a huge amount of players that can improve our squad anymore!

Plain Speaking said:
LoveCity said:
kenzie115 said:

Are Inter or Milan offering NDJ more wages than we are offering do you know?

I doubt anyone but Nige can tell you for sure, but I highly doubt it. 100k a week for Nige has got to be ceiling limit shirley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.