It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
SWP's back said:
Cobwebcat said:
Of course it matters. Just because we don't need the players they are signing doesn't mean they aren't getting stronger or becoming more of a threat to us.

AC Milan used to sign players not because they wanted them but to stop rivals catching them (not that I'm saying we should do that)

If every poster was just happy to watch the transfer market without comment (and I appreciate some are) then there wouldn't be much of a thread.
It is possible to comment without appearing to be flapping about the fact that we are yet to sign anyone.

Put it this way, if we don't sign atleast 2 first teamers and 1 squad player before Sept 1st, I shall..... well do anything you suggest within reason.

and I hope I do.

LOL. I'm not saying you are wrong but I'll put my thinking cap on. It's my birthday on the third of Sep so it could be a nice early present ;-)
lol

Blootoof said:
h19a7.jpg

Tell ye mate he's a fucking prick

Haha at Duncan...

Stretfordian_Blue said:
309442_3560082366016_1941285831_n.jpg

A rag sent me this, he swears it's not a photoshop, can any of you find the original for me? Ta.

Tell your "rag mate" - I personally think that's a contradiction. Yeah it's true it's in tomorrows papers that Van Persie has snubbed City for them. See if you can persuade him to get a table cloth shirt with Van Persie on the back ( number 9) and take him to the tattoo parlour.

Cobwebcat said:
City Raider said:
Cobwebcat said:
The window opened when the season finished. Chelsea didn't have to wait till 1st July to sign Hazzard.

I wouldn't say nobody of consequence has moved. £790 million has been spent so far including £154 million by the top 5 spending clubs.

Interesting that we signed all those players late on but I'd still argue that its not our plan to do so. I'm not saying we won't sign anybody just that our rivals have strengthened while we are looking to offload to keep UEFA happy.

Price you pay to keep the established clubs from moaning.

i'd be amazed and i mean absolutely fucking amazed if preventing other clubs from moaning has anything to do with our strategy

it seems obvious everyone is waiting for ac milan to move ibra and ts then its game on

Why do you think FFPR came in?

To stop equity investment and to stop clubs moving into negative equity.

Damocles said:
Cobwebcat said:
City Raider said:
i'd be amazed and i mean absolutely fucking amazed if preventing other clubs from moaning has anything to do with our strategy

it seems obvious everyone is waiting for ac milan to move ibra and ts then its game on

To stop equity investment and to stop clubs moving into negative equity.

That's the result. The reason it came in was that the etablished elite were worried that their cartel of success would be damaged by "new money" and a desire to preserve their current lofty status and money making ability forever. That's why it isn't about debt. So if we don't watch our spending we can be in a difficult situation with UEFA hence a reduction in the transfer activity.

If there was no FFP we would have got Hazard for £45 million probably.

That's what I was trying to get over to CityRaider...who I think shouldn't be too amazed.

salfordpaul said:
this is my favourite thread by a mile!!

we will only buy two players (3 at the very most) we have a good team capable of winning the premiership again!

please don t expect 7 signings! you may be disappointed!

If I remember correctly you were the first to announce RVP - any news mate?

I look at our strongest XI and I really can't think how or why we'd want or need to improve it.

Where we were lacking last season was strength in depth. The further we went into our squad, the worse we reckoned up to United. They had loads of injuries last season, had we had the equivalent we wouldn't have won the league.

We need centre halves and wingers. If that is to the point where we sign players who will go straight into the team (Thiago Silva / Messi) and push our current starters into squad players [thus strengthening the sauad] or just going for squad players (Dawson / Moses). I dunno.

If we were to sell a striker, then we'd need to sign one. I'd rather sign Falcao, Benzema, Higuain or Cavani ahead of van Persie. Or even sign a squad striker and push Mario into our no.9 than sign van Persie.

Cobwebcat said:
City Raider said:
Cobwebcat said:
The window opened when the season finished. Chelsea didn't have to wait till 1st July to sign Hazzard.

I wouldn't say nobody of consequence has moved. £790 million has been spent so far including £154 million by the top 5 spending clubs.

Interesting that we signed all those players late on but I'd still argue that its not our plan to do so. I'm not saying we won't sign anybody just that our rivals have strengthened while we are looking to offload to keep UEFA happy.

Price you pay to keep the established clubs from moaning.

so clubs could moan less at mcfc? am i close?

City Raider said:
Cobwebcat said:
City Raider said:

so clubs could moan less at mcfc? am i close?

Try UEFA and you will be very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.