It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
It's just all about having a little patience, I think we're doing things exactly the right way in making sure we conclude our outgoings first. If we bought first it would put the power into the hands of clubs interested in our players as they know we'd accept lower prices to move them on. Once Ade, Kolo and either or both of Tevez and Dzeko are dealt with then I'm sure we'll make some decent acquisitions.

Bringing players in at the end of the window isn't a big concern for us as our starting 11 will be pretty much unchanged from the end of the season so there is no major panic about having new purchases integrated too quickly.

All will be good and come to those who wait patiently.
I'm with you on this one Rammy, once we jettison the players no longer required we no longer have to take what's offered for them and the club have some big wages off the books before bringing in new players. I think any new signing coming in will find it fairly easy to adjust to playing in a team that is already champions, and Mancini has the luxury of introducing players gradually if need be

Marvin said:
danburge82 said:
Marvin said:
Don't think it would. If the season kicked off now we'd be favourites. We are stronger because our young players will come on and we have Balotelli and Tevez playing at a much higher level than last season.

Utd have two questionable additions to an ageing squad.
Chelsea have a new manager and have new players to integrate and make up for the loss of Drogba and Anelka.
Arsenal are stronger - but they were way off the pace last season and still have to sort their back 4 out.
Spurs have a new manager too and look like they are selling Modric
Sagna----Vermaelen-----Koscielny------Gibbs
is a very good back four, they only played about four games together last season though.
Vermaelen was very good when he played at our place but Arsenal's defence has been all over the place for years. Beginning to think that that's down to the manager. We were told by Arsenal fans who came on here that first Toure and then Clichy were once good defenders but Arsenal were selling them at the right time. Maybe they just needed to play in a team with a manager who could organise them.

Koscielny is poor by Premier League standards and Gibbs is never going to be the new Cashley.However, I highly rate Vermaelen and Sagna.

Koscielny improved massively last season. He and Vermaelen were very good together when I watched them. Koscielny's pace saved Mertesacker's arse a lot last year.

Salford_Blue said:
Marvin said:
danburge82 said:
is a very good back four, they only played about four games together last season though.
Vermaelen was very good when he played at our place but Arsenal's defence has been all over the place for years. Beginning to think that that's down to the manager. We were told by Arsenal fans who came on here that first Toure and then Clichy were once good defenders but Arsenal were selling them at the right time. Maybe they just needed to play in a team with a manager who could organise them.

Koscielny is poor by Premier League standards and Gibbs is never going to be the new Cashley.However, I highly rate Vermaelen and Sagna.

Eh?

Is this the same Koscielny who is being linked with Barcelona at the moment?

Wow, just wow.

Salford_Blue said:
Marvin said:
danburge82 said:

Koscielny is poor by Premier League standards

Stopped reading here. Kos is about 4x the defender Vermaelen is.

Salford_Blue said:
Marvin said:
danburge82 said:

Koscielny is poor? Seriously? I don't think it'll be long until he's one of the best CB's in the league.

Marvin said:
waspish said:
richards30 said:
I wonder how this forum would react!?! Lol

Haha it'll be meltdown!

Personaly not bothered if we don't sign anyone I'd love us to stick Rekik at the back when needed
Don't think it would. If the season kicked off now we'd be favourites. We are stronger because our young players will come on and we have Balotelli and Tevez playing at a much higher level than last season.

Utd have two questionable additions to an ageing squad.
Chelsea have a new manager and have new players to integrate and make up for the loss of Drogba and Anelka.
Arsenal are stronger - but they were way off the pace last season and still have to sort their back 4 out.
Spurs have a new manager too and look like they are selling Modric

I agree...

Fans should realise our wage bill can't stay at 170m 20m at Least has to be took off it...

Joehannes said:
Koscielny improved massively last season. He and Vermaelen were very good together when I watched them. Koscielny's pace saved Mertesacker's arse a lot last year.
I think Koscielny has been solid so far, and one of the better defenders in Arsenal, though it says alot about Arsenal defence!

If anything, I believe it is Arsenal's defence coaching staff that's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.