It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m somewhat peturbed concerning our attitude to FFP. Are we really so desperate to comply? Have we been given warnings ? If so the same warnings x 10 must be coming Chavs and PSG´s way. This could mean we´re playing the goody two shoes role and waiting for the hammer to come down on others OR we are preparing to grass them up when UEFA inevitably do nothing.
Or we are mounting a legal challenge to it ?

I just don´t see the point in us blindly complying when others are blatantly flouting it. It doesn´t make sense
Somethings afoot

johnny crossan said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
Somethings afoot
the game's afoot!
a series of earth shattering OS announcements

David Silva Signs 5 Year Deal!
Edinson Cavani ditto
Daniele de Rossi ditto
Javier Martinez ditto
Lucas Moura ditto

and on and on...
If carlsberg did transfer wishes.........;-)

Could it be the our owners actually see Manchester City as an investment rather than a charity?

It's all well and good spunking millions on players to win trophies, but never forget that our owners surely want a financial return at some point.

Maybe we're going to go down the Arsenal business model? Coin in the money via qualifying for the Champions League every season, invest in "cheaper" signings and develop youngsters... maybe we don't only buy all the Arsenal players, we might also be wanting to copy them! Don't forget Marwood is an ex-Gooner as well.

Having said that, I'm still hoping for some of those much predicted bombs to land on our pitch any time soon...

mike channon´s windmill said:
I´m somewhat peturbed concerning our attitude to FFP. Are we really so desperate to comply? Have we been given warnings ? If so the same warnings x 10 must be coming Chavs and PSG´s way. This could mean we´re playing the goody two shoes role and waiting for the hammer to come down on others OR we are preparing to grass them up when UEFA inevitably do nothing.
Or we are mounting a legal challenge to it ?

I just don´t see the point in us blindly complying when others are blatantly flouting it. It doesn´t make sense
Somethings afoot

I see your point mate but feel it's more a case of where we are as a club, we are champions with a quality squad and will only buy when we need to.
If a striker goes we will try to buy a better one and so on, we have invested heavilly in our academy and the restructure (when complete) will be of immense benifit to our club. Everyone will have to comply with FFP to ignore it could be a disaster.

Personally I'm not that worried about the lack of activity in the transfer window. However, I will be really pissed off if we end up getting rid of Tevez, and bring in RVP instead. How anyone thinks that isna good deal needs their head testing. If Kolo leaves then we will need a replacement at the back incase of Kompany or Lescott getting injured.

Bobby would not have signed a new deal if he was told there would be no new signings this summer. He will get his 2 targets I suspect but not without losing a few first<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 am --<br /><br />Bobby would not have signed a new deal if he was told there would be no new signings this summer. He will get his 2 targets I suspect but not without losing a few first

rickmcfc said:
Personally I'm not that worried about the lack of activity in the transfer window. However, I will be really pissed off if we end up getting rid of Tevez, and bring in RVP instead. How anyone thinks that isna good deal needs their head testing. If Kolo leaves then we will need a replacement at the back incase of Kompany or Lescott getting injured.
Depends if Carlos really is committed though rick? What he says and potentially means are different in my book. He has to toe the line this time as he got pounded from every other club and manager about his attitude last time and nearly made himself untransferrable! We also now know that Milan have money so let's see what they offer.....£22-25m and he can go for me as I'm constantly waiting for the next transfer request etc so for that reason I want him gone! Rvp would score at least 100 in 4 years in our current team with yaya,dave,nasri and kun all around him!

Where is Tolmie?

I asked a question last night regarding the bombs...350lb bombs or bombs on a level of nuclear!!

Come on Tolm, we need a clue......

It's just all about having a little patience, I think we're doing things exactly the right way in making sure we conclude our outgoings first. If we bought first it would put the power into the hands of clubs interested in our players as they know we'd accept lower prices to move them on. Once Ade, Kolo and either or both of Tevez and Dzeko are dealt with then I'm sure we'll make some decent acquisitions.

Bringing players in at the end of the window isn't a big concern for us as our starting 11 will be pretty much unchanged from the end of the season so there is no major panic about having new purchases integrated too quickly.

All will be good and come to those who wait patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.