It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have patience lads and lasses.
This transfer window is an important one for City. We all know we need to get rid of the deadwood, ideally for a decent price and that this is far from easy. Any signings IN before OUT will make getting decent money for them harder. In my view this is why we are playing our cards so close to our chest up to now.

Our team under Mancini has proved beyond all doubt that they can buy and buy well. Silva, Yaya and Aguero..................all in good time!!!!!!!
In Man-C-ini we trust!

pudge said:
I constantly see this "Sergio and Carlos are brilliant together" argument and outside of Norwich what else have they done?

They hardly ever start or even play together at International level either.

Much of it is based on a priori reasoning -- they are both small and Argentinian so they are bound to play well together! Just like Terry and Ferdinand are both tall and English.

sbm said:
pudge said:
I constantly see this "Sergio and Carlos are brilliant together" argument and outside of Norwich what else have they done?

Much of it is based on a priori reasoning -- they are both small and Argentinian so they are bound to play well together! Just like Terry and Ferdinand are both tall and English.
I can't be bothered to find the stats, but statistics did show that that short amount of time Sergio and Carlos played together, were much better than when Sergio was partnered with Mario or Dzeko.

Young said:
sbm said:
pudge said:

I can't be bothered to find the stats, but statistics did show that that short amount of time Sergio and Carlos played together, were much better than when Sergio was partnered with Mario or Dzeko.

No surprise there.

Jimblue said:
Mancini has just signed a new contract, you can be sure our future transfer budgets would have been part of the negotiations. I'm sure he knows best what is needed to maintain success and who to bring and let go, the higher up the ladder we go the more delicate things become, it's all about being patient and trusting the people who have taken us this far already.

Only this. Eees important!

In his post-season interview with Savage, Mancini said we had won the title ahead of schedule. That might suggest that we change our signing targets and only pursue people who are going to help secure the next target this season. Still hoping we'll make a 'server down' signing and not simply RVP.

new Mancini interview on OS being trailed

"Aldo has been a charming presence in the hotel chatting away with the website staff in sign language and laughs.
He will have a smile on his face, no doubt, when he sees and hears Roberto’s answers to the #AskRoberto that was conducted in the hotel courtyard ahead of the day’s second training session."

Young said:
sbm said:
pudge said:

aguero with dzeko = played 19
goals 19
aguero 10
dzeko 9

with balotelli = played 15
goals 9
aguero 2
balotelli 7

with tevez = played 4
goals 10
aguero 6
tevez 4
good record for only 4 games,but 5 came in 1 game v norwich and 3 were an aguero hat trick v wigan,which tevez was not on the pitch for 2 of them...the others were the aguero goal v wolves and the aguerooooooooooooooooooooo goal v qpr,again tevez was not on the pitch for this one...

It is not easy for us as fans to not have a decent amount of turnover of players.

Normally we can all see obvious areas that need improving ( as we had not achieved our aims the previous season). Plus to take us to the next level there have previosuly been loads of options ie.

We need to improve on Sun Jihai............. How do we do that ?.............well we had a choice of dozens of players to sign who would be a potential improvement, hence signing done.

Now lets say we want to improve on Tevez or Edin..........Hmmm not so easy to pick a player who will be better than them .... maybe RVP or Cavani hence we have a limited pool of targets/options and so business is much slower.

Have patience - after all it is not a disaster if we dont sign anyone is it ?

This transfer window is not like others. We don't need 4-5 players, we need 1-2, and only if they are better than what we have.

Regarding moving players on: that has proved impossible in recent seasons. Why should it be easier now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.