It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GStar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If Van Persie is recruited, we won't retain the four strikers we have. If anything, Mancini was ready to sell Tevez and Dzeko at one point.

Just imagine how good Van Persie can get with the players we have, the rotation policy we can afford him.

He is technically brilliant and I will keep stressing it, because it's the most important factor, he is highly-motivated to win trophies.

For Champions League games, especially away ties, he can play up top on his own and we go with extra insurance in midfield.

He ticks every box.

Will he want to be rotated at this stage in his career? Will we want to stray from our 'usual' formation just for CL matches? Can/will RvP stay fit? Can he maintain the form he's had at Arsenal where he was the focal point and the team was built around him and his style of play?

He is a great option to have and as has been pointed out, we were wasteful at times last season.

However if Tevez is now settled he's every bit as potent as RvP... what's more he's shown he can work up top on his own and with a striker partner, he's younger and less injury prone.

I agree he ticks a lot of boxes, but i'd also say those boxes are covered by our current strike department. He does come with a lot of risks, ones which i don't think we need to explore. If we were to sell Tevez & Dzeko, RvP gets injured then we've two strikers of very similar make up.

What i like about what we have presently is that we can play any formation, any style we choose... and we have the personality up front to reap the rewards.
That's a big "if" when it comes to Tevez.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The cookie monster said:
Cant believe your a member of the barm clan tolm...

Dissapointed mate...

Think you will find that's what people from Central Manchester have always called them!

And I mean from M14 to the City limits, not fucking overspill like North Manchester and Stockport.

Cafe Nero got a special on muffins though.

Overspill lol

tolmie's hairdoo said:
nwanda said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Don't read too much into my non-response re Martinez. I posted last month his agents told us he wanted Barca or he would stay put.

Heard nothing to change that landscape. No need to meet the buy-out if that's supposedly set in stone.

Should Spain go tits-up in the next couple weeks, get ready for City to declare war on La Liga!!

TH are we actually after anyone apart from RVP?

Of course. Even allowing for Van Persie, we wanted Hazard, that's two.

I am still told the bombs will be at least three or four, not including a successful bid for Niang.

Any news about Niang?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Think you will find that's what people from Central Manchester have always called them!

And I mean from M14 to the City limits, not fucking overspill like North Manchester and Stockport.

Tut Tut tolm... I've seen every inch of our fair City and lived in most of it... North Manchester is real Manchester imo.... Ancoats, Miles Platting, Newton Heath, Moston etc... Proper Manchester unlike the South Manchester Student areas. Hard to even spot a Manc accent around those parts.

A CB to replace Kolo, I've said all along I'd put Richards there as he played as a CB before and wr could buy someone like Debuchy to replace at RB.

Sahin/Moutinho in CM alongside Yaya.

Pedro for width.

RVP to replace striker in Dzeko/Tevez.

Could get all for 90mill or less. Sell Kolo, Ade, RSC and either Tevez/Dzeko. Means net spend would be less than 60mill and we would have a squad devoid of weakness and would he perfectly set up for next season to fight for all honours.

The team wouldn't suffer from gelling as the spine remains and additions are all quality.

Defense, sorted.
Midfield, sorted
Width, sorted (I'd keep Weiss btw).
Attack, sorted.

We suffered with the blip when Kompany was suspended and injured and when Savic was fielded. Our attack is great but RVP would make better. He's not prem top player and goalscorer for nothing.

johnmc said:
So, Debuchy, Moutinho, Pedro and RvP. Simple really. Someone tell Mancini
Rather have Sahin than Moutinho, Sahin is currently playing in Madrid's reserves so likely to be cheap whereas Moutinho plays for Porto, pricey.

NipHolmes said:
A CB to replace Kolo, I've said all along I'd put Richards there as he played as a CB before and wr could buy someone like Debuchy to replace at RB.

Sahin/Moutinho in CM alongside Yaya.

Pedro for width.

RVP to replace striker in Dzeko/Tevez.

Could get all for 90mill or less. Sell Kolo, Ade, RSC and either Tevez/Dzeko. Means net spend would be less than 60mill and we would have a squad devoid of weakness and would he perfectly set up for next season to fight for all honours.

The team wouldn't suffer from gelling as the spine remains and additions are all quality.

Defense, sorted.
Midfield, sorted
Width, sorted (I'd keep Weiss btw).
Attack, sorted.

We suffered with the blip when Kompany was suspended and injured and when Savic was fielded. Our attack is great but RVP would make better. He's not prem top player and goalscorer for nothing.
If available, I think those underlined would only cost around £65m-£70m, although, if Kolarov goes, I'd rather have a player, who can do what Richards can do, but for the left flank.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The cookie monster said:
Cant believe your a member of the barm clan tolm...

Dissapointed mate...

Bollox, it was a chip butty where i came from, barm and muffin !!!! you all talk with a plum in your mouth's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.