It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
GStar said:
RvP's legs are made of chocolate hobnobs.

I just don't see how a man used to playing as a lone striker and 'big fish' is the man to suddenly catapult us to glory (i.e doubles and trebles). Especially if he's in the treatment room or unable to adjust to our system.

A player like Schweinsteiger, that would complete the jigsaw in terms of starting XI imo. An attacker with pace, a youngster who could be brought on as an impact player would also be of benefit.

But there's a lot of risk around the RvP transfer and with the four strikers we have, i'm not sure that is our main area of concern.

If Van Persie is recruited, we won't retain the four strikers we have. If anything, Mancini was ready to sell Tevez and Dzeko at one point.

Just imagine how good Van Persie can get with the players we have, the rotation policy we can afford him.

He is technically brilliant and I will keep stressing it, because it's the most important factor, he is highly-motivated to win trophies.

For Champions League games, especially away ties, he can play up top on his own and we go with extra insurance in midfield.

He ticks every box.

-- Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:16 pm --

lmjones1uk said:
Tolmie - is there any truth in that we've signed someone already but are either waiting for the right time to do a press release or awaiting a work permit decision?

Source is from another thread where someone (forget who) mentions we've signed someone on a 78k per week contract..

Bollocks.

And even if it were true, good luck anyone trying to prove any incoming player is on wages of £78k a week.
RVP instead of Aguero? Maybe as cover in the event of injury. But not through choice surely.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sincity said:
TH, are we even remotely interested in Santi Cazorla? News reports state that Arsenal can get him for as less as 16mil..seeing that we were once after Hazard, wouldn't this player be a good choice, as he can play on both wings?

I agree!

Can I just stress I don't know what Mancini had for breakfast this morning, what the Libor rate will be on Friday, and what the differential equation is between a sub-atomic mass and the God particle ;)

I do know that the old City Chippy on Claremont Road did the best chip barms in the entire world and were the food of my childhood.

Their secret?

Instead of wrapping them in paper, they put them in little cellophane bags. Thus the barm was allowed to steam and allow the vinegar to seep and infuse.

Genius.

Just seen this & it seems like bollocks to me.

Happy accident surely ? They stuck the barms in plastic bags because of the convenience & speed of such action, & the vinegar happened to infuse into the barm, rather than some kind of planned culinary genius ?

BlakeTheBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Think you will find that's what people from Central Manchester have always called them!

And I mean from M14 to the City limits, not fucking overspill like North Manchester and Stockport.

Cafe Nero got a special on muffins though.

Tut Tut tolm... I've seen every inch of our fair City and lived in most of it... North Manchester is real Manchester imo.... Ancoats, Miles Platting, Newton Heath, Moston etc... Proper Manchester unlike the South Manchester Student areas. Hard to even spot a Manc accent around those parts.

Being a Moston lad, obviously, i find TH's quip scandalous. Must be against the COC. Moston is the heartbeat of our great City. Isn't it? Apologise sir at once.

Looking forward to new signings as always. is it a fair guess that the 3-4 top drawer players will be foreign?

Anyone know how this will impact on our squad with regards to English/Academy quotas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.