It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
What we have to realise is despite what is perceived as a lack of activity, City are committing themselves to the best part of £80m this summer on Komps and Silva before we even bring anybody else in.

That's the magnitude of where we are as a club these days.

I hope to read on my hols that Silva has followed his lead and couple more bombs have dropped.
TH are you saying VK's resigning his contract was one of the predicted bombs?..

yes he is, now

tolmie's hairdoo said:
NipHolmes said:
Plain Speaking said:

I hate to sound ungrateful but I expected bombs to be signings rather than contract extensions.

Looking for bombs in the shape of Pedro and Sahin. A CB is needed to replace Kolo and Savic (would sell both), RVP only needed if striker is outgoing. Pedro and Sahin are lusts and with the Euro weak against the Pound I say let's go!

What do you need to be grateful/ungrateful for towards me, I do not deliver anything which impacts our club?

I get asked a lot of questions in this thread over time, some of which was/is constant flapping over Mancini, Silva and Kompany.

To my knowledge, I have remained consistent and truthful that they would resign.

Bombs come in all shapes and sizes, call contract renewals hand grenades if you so wish.

The explosions are in the main, always incoming, so duck for cover as and when.

Ungrateful to the club and its efforts I meant.

Our weaknesses are glaringly obvious, we have one wideman. We have a poor CB cover in Savic (terrible purchase imho) and Kolos out the second we get a good offer. So we need to improve there. Pizarro gone home and we lack a top CM to sit alongside Yaya. Milner was expensive and isn't good enough to do the role. We need quality there and Sahin fits the bill perfectly. I'd try and send Tevez there to be honest.

Martinez is a good playet but expensive at 25+, I'd actually go for Lucas from Liverpool ahead of him. But that's another story.

Quite simply we need 3 additions, CB. CM and Wide. A striker isn't needed, the others are. If we don't see this then heads should fucking roll. I'd even be prepared to sell Tevez/Dzeko and not replace if we had to watch bank balance. The additions are a must!

Bombs are signing imo. Re-signing players is what we should expect surely? Champions are expected to keep players rather than celebrate keeping them. Thinking otherwise is similar to Spurs with Bale.

NipHolmes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
NipHolmes said:
I hate to sound ungrateful but I expected bombs to be signings rather than contract extensions.

Looking for bombs in the shape of Pedro and Sahin. A CB is needed to replace Kolo and Savic (would sell both), RVP only needed if striker is outgoing. Pedro and Sahin are lusts and with the Euro weak against the Pound I say let's go!

What do you need to be grateful/ungrateful for towards me, I do not deliver anything which impacts our club?

I get asked a lot of questions in this thread over time, some of which was/is constant flapping over Mancini, Silva and Kompany.

To my knowledge, I have remained consistent and truthful that they would resign.

Bombs come in all shapes and sizes, call contract renewals hand grenades if you so wish.

Our weaknesses are glaringly obvious, we have one wideman. We have a poor CB cover in Savic (terrible purchase imho) and Kolos out the second we get a good offer. So we need to improve there. Pizarro gone home and we lack a top CM to sit alongside Yaya. Milner was expensive and isn't good enough to do the role. We need quality there and Sahin fits the bill perfectly. I'd try and send Tevez there to be honest.

Martinez is a good playet but expensive at 25+, I'd actually go for Lucas from Liverpool ahead of him. But that's another story.

Quite simply we need 3 additions, CB. CM and Wide. A striker isn't needed, the others are. If we don't see this then heads should fucking roll. I'd even be prepared to sell Tevez/Dzeko and not replace if we had to watch bank balance. The additions are a must!

Bombs are signing imo. Re-signing players is what we should expect surely? Champions are expected to keep players rather than celebrate keeping them. Thinking otherwise is similar to Spurs with Bale.

it isn't exactly rocket science to predict that VK and David Silva are likely to sign new contracts, not really is it?

BringBackSwales said:
Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
What we have to realise is despite what is perceived as a lack of activity, City are committing themselves to the best part of £80m this summer on Komps and Silva before we even bring anybody else in.

That's the magnitude of where we are as a club these days.

I hope to read on my hols that Silva has followed his lead and couple more bombs have dropped.

yes he is, now

Lol, I think most of us saw that coming a mile off.

i trust marwood to get the detail right but is he a salesman as thats whats needed? these players are being pitched to by the best clubs in world football

say what you want about cook, he was a brilliant salesman

City Raider said:
i trust marwood to get the detail right but is he a salesman as thats whats needed? these players are being pitched to by the best clubs in world football

say what you want about cook, he was a brilliant salesman

When was the last time City made a profit from selling a player since the Abu Dhabi take over ?

BringBackSwales said:
NipHolmes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

it isn't exactly rocket science to predict that VK and David Silva are likely to sign new contracts, not really is it?

City, Champions 11/12.

I would say us keeping main players is standard practise, never once heard Chelsea fans buzz when they extended key players and nor have I heard it from United. It's small club mentality to cheer over keeping a player, it's like accepting that we haven't arrived at the big table if you will.

No need for the cryptic videos either (not being arsey), it's not like the club give much away by showing their intentions to re-sign players.

I never once worried that Kompany would leave, I was confident on Silva too due to his knockback from Madrid when he was younger and for the fact his best days are here as he is a key players. He was loyal to Valencia and I wasn't worried that he'd push for a move, he's the type that shows loyalty if you treat him well, the opposite of Tevez as it goes.

Bombs are signings and nothing else. RVP wouldn't be classed as a bomb either now if we are looking for surprises, rumours have been around since winter and it's a saga now. Info should be passed instead of cryptic clues. I understand for say 'Alacantra' as it's a wideball but not RVP or any of our players.

Still I hold faith that Silva re-signing is a position that helps us sign a national colleague of his. I'd be incensed if we paid £32mill for Martinez yet let Hazard go btw, I'd have sooner gone hell for leather to get Hazard and keep De Jong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.