It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
brian the blue said:
i8rags said:
I'm with you mate, utterly bewildering that anyone can think RvP is not an upgrade on Edin.

I don't think anyone doubts that RVP would be an upgrade on Dzeko, I think the doubt is over whether he is the right upgrade. I for one, would prefer Falcao or Cavani over Van Persie, but that's just my personal opinion.

No matter how much we rate Cavani or Falcao-RVP is proven in the prem.

True, although I never understand this arguement. Since the takeover our best signings have been Silva, Yaya, Aguero, Kompany and Balotelli, in my opinion, and none of which were prem-proven. Out of the ones that were prem-proven, the only one's i'd count as a genuine success are Barry and Tevez, and if Lescott's fee wasn't so high then i'd have him in too.

If a player is good enough then he'll be a success where-ever he goes. I could say that RVP has only ever played at Arsenal and has only really come good in the last 3 seasons, whereas Falcao has been prolific in Portugal, then moved to a fairly decent side in Spain and smashed 30+ goals in his first season. None of us know how well RVP will play outside of Arsenal, and how well he will deal with the amount of abuse he'd receive if he moved to us.

lancs blue said:
mikeyboyowilde said:
lancs blue said:
I've never liked RVP as an individual, not questioning his ability but I doubt I could take to him in a City shirt so I'm glad if he doesn't want to join us.

Would you take to him if he scored 30+ goals for us next season and we win the league.

Ask me if it happens. We all have our likes and dislikes where players are concerned.

We do indeed but it doesn't really matter what you like or dislike, it matters whether the player is good for the club.

HOLMSLICE said:
i8rags said:
The Future's Blue said:
He's our ****!
Rooney is a grade a Cnut, but I'd have him in a breath.

Really? I honestly think he's over rated considering the money you would have to pay for him.
Quality in the prem mate. Put him with better forwards and I think he would be outstanding.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:56 pm --<br /><br />
The Future's Blue said:
i8rags said:
The Future's Blue said:
He's our ****!
This obviously where I disagree, I'd never want that ****.
Surely not a view based on ability.

i8rags said:
HOLMSLICE said:
i8rags said:

Really? I honestly think he's over rated considering the money you would have to pay for him.
Quality in the prem mate. Put him with better forwards and I think he would be outstanding.

Blows hot and cold too much for me. Never does it at International lever either.

HOLMSLICE said:
i8rags said:
HOLMSLICE said:
Quality in the prem mate. Put him with better forwards and I think he would be outstanding.

Blows hot and cold too much for me. Never does it at International lever either.
My point exactly, the forwards for England are shite.

i8rags said:
HOLMSLICE said:
i8rags said:

He has been shit in Champions League in recent years also

i8rags said:
HOLMSLICE said:
i8rags said:

-- Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:56 pm --

The Future's Blue said:
i8rags said:
No, because he's a ****!

HOLMSLICE said:
i8rags said:
HOLMSLICE said:

He has been shit in Champions League in recent years also
Sorry mate can't even get close to the argument that Rooney is shit, fuck him anyway, he'll always be shit whilst he plays for that lot.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:03 pm --<br /><br />
The Future's Blue said:
i8rags said:
HOLMSLICE said:

-- Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:56 pm --

The Future's Blue said:
No, because he's a ****!
That is a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.