It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemoondays said:
richards30 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Who are the arse in for?
Lots of chatter about sahin and carzola rammy! Buying carzola and loaning sahin! Had heard about carzola but if they loan sahin as well they'll be starting to look decent next season!! We need to stop fucking around and get who bobby wants! You can see he's pissed off again already! Surely they had a meeting and a chat at the end of the season in Abu dhabi regarding transfers and with him signing his 5 year deal I think we all assumed he would get the players that he wanted!! The current squad will never win the champions league! Ffpr will NEVER stand up legally wise so just get our targets and win the fucking lot next season!!

and breathe..........
Lol, think my mind went into overdrive mate! :-)

MCFC-alan88 said:
Ntini77 said:
Not really worried about Arsenal signing Cazorla and Sahin. From what I've seen they are very good players, but they won't suddenly turn Arsenal into title contenders. Don't forget they finished 19 points adrift of us last season.

Anyway, when the fuck are we signing anyone?

Remember, they've also signed Podolski and Giroud who aren't shabby. Put it all together and they will be a lot more imposing than last year instead of just relying on RVP.

I haven't seen enough of Giroud to pass judgement, but isn't it Podolski who is considered to be much better for nation than club?

We'll have to wait and see I guess.

My theory behind our inactivity is based on what we actually require in order to strengthen.

For once, we're not looking to fill first team spots from the first day of the season and as such if we started the season with the team that finished last season we would not have any problems.

If you look at Chelsea, as an example, they are having to bring in players to replace aging players or people who have left the club.

We will bring in quality, I have no doubt about that, but we don't need them to be integrated and ready to start against S'ton on Aug 19. They can be brought up to speed and settle as we move through the first few weeks of the season.

Because we have such problems shifting our deadwood and we know it'll be the end of the window when we get any interest then maybe by waiting until then before we enter the market will give us the opportunity to be a bit more canny about who and what we pay for.

The market generally is quiet due to the lack of cash around Europe and so maybe rather than helping other clubs by them utilizing our cash we will bide our time as clubs probably won't want to spend our cash when they get it as they need to bank it to keep their overdrafts down.

Just a thought.

For once, we're not looking to fill first team spots from the first day of the season and as such if we started the season with the team that finished last season we would not have any problems.

True. I think(as most of us do)we need cover at the back. But gettin someone half decent that could slot in for Kompany/Lescott for whatever reason, plus is willing to play 2nd fiddle, would probably be harder to get than a '1st teamer'.

Wayne Bridge's don't grow on trees

IMO not one player (Hazard apart maybe) that has been signed by any of our rivals would make our team any better than it is.
We still have the best squad in the league and with Aguero, Nasri and Clichy all having a full season under their belts we will only improve next season.
If we tied up Silva and De Jong and only added André Schürrle from Bayer Leverkusen I'd be a happy man

milly08 said:
IMO not one player (Hazard apart maybe) that has been signed by any of our rivals would make our team any better than it is.
We still have the best squad in the league and with Aguero, Nasri and Clichy all having a full season under their belts we will only improve next season.
If we tied up Silva and De Jong and only added André Schürrle from Bayer Leverkusen I'd be a happy man

I'm hoping we're looking at Schurrle too.

LoveCity said:
fan446 said:
LoveCity said:
The newest reports about Weiss to Pescara say it'll be a loan deal. Weiss has one year left on his contract so it doesn't add up... but then again we may be the worst "sellers" in all of football, we have no one capable of getting premium transfer fees even for low earners. Weiss is worth £3million+ as it stands, if we sell him cheap or loan him for the last year of his contract then I despair. I think the last really good deal this club got was probably selling Evans to Sheffield United for £3million.

Sweep to Chelski was a good deal....

Aye, a great deal back in 2005 but that was a long time ago. We've been buying big and selling low for a long time now, it got to the point where Blues rejoiced over a tiny profit on Boateng when you have Spurs selling Pienaar back to Everton for a £1.5million profit 18 months after buying him, even though he's 30 now and couldn't get in the Spurs team.

We even lost over £4million on Caicedo when he was three times better when he left us than when he joined us but some buffoon at the club put a fixed fee in his loan deal to Levante so they bought him for £880,000 then sold him a month later for £6million.

This is why I'm hoping for a new CEO soon. Someone who is experienced with transfers and will overhaul the process that led us to the Caicedo embarrassment.

Didn't swp leave to QPR for like 6 million, I know a loss but still a good amount to get for him at that time. I might be wrong with the figure just saw that somewhere.

Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:
fan446 said:
Sweep to Chelski was a good deal....

Aye, a great deal back in 2005 but that was a long time ago. We've been buying big and selling low for a long time now, it got to the point where Blues rejoiced over a tiny profit on Boateng when you have Spurs selling Pienaar back to Everton for a £1.5million profit 18 months after buying him, even though he's 30 now and couldn't get in the Spurs team.

We even lost over £4million on Caicedo when he was three times better when he left us than when he joined us but some buffoon at the club put a fixed fee in his loan deal to Levante so they bought him for £880,000 then sold him a month later for £6million.

This is why I'm hoping for a new CEO soon. Someone who is experienced with transfers and will overhaul the process that led us to the Caicedo embarrassment.

We need a hardass like Levy at the club who we all get frustrated at here for wanting Adebayor for the same price he is selling Pienaar for, but we'd be joyous if we could do the same. That £5.1million we missed out on with Caicedo is about the same revenue as the club will make if they put non-ST prices up by £20 for every game this season.

LoveCity said:
Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:

We need a hardass like Levy at the club who we all get frustrated at here for wanting Adebayor for the same price he is selling Pienaar for, but we'd be joyous if we could do the same. That £5.1million we missed out on with Caicedo is about the same revenue as the club will make if they put non-ST prices up by £20 for every game this season.

Levy is a good negotiator when it comes to getting a price which is nice and all that but on the flip side he has left the squad undermanned in the past and with 6 weeks to go before the season kicks off they currently have Defoe and an 18 y/o Kane as their two main strikers.

Personally I would rather have a surfeit of striking talent and win the league as opposed to finishing with sod all save the warm glow of knowing we did all right on the Pienaar deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.