It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancio said:
unfortunally we are not barcelona , and premier league is not la liga.

then you can go to recall wich forwards mancini signed in all his career and you'll find that but aguero they were all at least 6 feet

The point I'm making is that it's disrespectful to refer to two top class forwards as two dwarfs when they are both City players and have respectively been our top scorers in the previous two seasons. As for the forwards the gaffer has signed in his career, I don't see how that is particularly relevant as to whether Tevez and Aguero can effectively work together and be our first choice forward line.

Mister Appointment said:
Mancio said:

then you can go to recall wich forwards mancini signed in all his career and you'll find that but aguero they were all at least 6 feet

The point I'm making is that it's disrespectful to refer to two top class forwards as two dwarfs when they are both City players and have respectively been our top scorers in the previous two seasons. As for the forwards the gaffer has signed in his career, I don't see how that is particularly relevant as to whether Tevez and Aguero can effectively work together and be our first choice forward line.
Also I don't think Aguero is that short to be honest. I'm not saying he's a giant or anything, but he's not short really.

Cheadle Blue said:
LoveCity said:
lmjones1uk said:
With the exception of Centre Back cover and a pacey winger is anyone not happy with what we already have?.

Well, we still lack a midfielder with the sort of passing range required for the next level (in the Champions League) IMO. I love Barry and he is one of our best Premier League players but in the Champions League he looked inferior and was benched, and I can see why Mancini is so obsessed with De Rossi (but it looks like a fruitless pursuit).

all of our rivals have improved, so must we

Hmm well I'm yet to be convinced about Chelsea, a lot of players need to climatise also they lost there best striker in Drogba so I think they will get top 4 but will prob be inconsistent.

ManU havnt strengthened in the right areas as yet, Scholes can't play every game and Rooney had a phenomenal season last year, I don't think he will keep that form up especially after a euros. Also I credit Fergie getting 20% more out of his players on purely motivating them to beat us, we broke their spirit last season so I don't think it will be the case again.

I take your point about Midfield, maybe DDR is the answer - what we gonna do with Milner though?

lmjones1uk said:
Cheadle Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Well, we still lack a midfielder with the sort of passing range required for the next level (in the Champions League) IMO. I love Barry and he is one of our best Premier League players but in the Champions League he looked inferior and was benched, and I can see why Mancini is so obsessed with De Rossi (but it looks like a fruitless pursuit).

Hmm well I'm yet to be convinced about Chelsea, a lot of players need to climatise also they lost there best striker in Drogba so I think they will get top 4 but will prob be inconsistent.

ManU havnt strengthened in the right areas as yet, Scholes can't play every game and Rooney had a phenomenal season last year, I don't think he will keep that form up especially after a euros. Also I credit Fergie getting 20% more out of his players on purely motivating them to beat us, we broke their spirit last season so I don't think it will be the case again.

I take your point about Midfield, maybe DDR is the answer - what we gonna do with Milner though?
Use him as the squad utility player he's destined to be? I mean he's basically the English version of Park Ji-Sung.

Mister Appointment said:
Mancio said:

forgive me . English is not my first language. nor even the second.

so if you think the word "dwarf" being inappropiate feel free to replace it with the most appropriate word to describe less than 170 cm tall footballers.

Mancio said:
Mister Appointment said:
Mancio said:
do you really believe mancini would like to play a 2 dwarfs attack ? i seriously doubt it

It's not very nice referring to two of the best centre forwards in the world as "2 dwarfs". Both players have excellent upper body strength which more than makes up for a perceived lack of height. Barcelona are a team full of "dwarfs" and it hasn't stopped them from succeeding.

In some sports, you know by someone's appearance if they would be half decent, so the fact you call them dwarfs suggest you must be a basketball or American rugby fan.

In football, a weak overweight slow dwarf, could in fact be in the top 50 players in the world because he could have many other great attributes. The fact that Aguero and Tevez are small has no relevance what so ever to how good they are because In terms of ability these men are massive. I would only replace Aguero or Tevez with Messi and he's smaller than both.

Mancio said:
Mister Appointment said:
Mancio said:

forgive me . English is not my first language. nor even the second.

so if you think the word "dwarf" being inappropiate feel free to replace it with the most appropriate word to describe less than 170 cm tall footballers.
So you know the word dwarf but not SHORT alright then good lies batman

taconinja said:
lmjones1uk said:
Cheadle Blue said:

Use him as the squad utility player he's destined to be? I mean he's basically the English version of Park Ji-Sung.

I rate him higher than Park, at £18mill + Ireland I think we were robbed but he's still a better player than often credited for. As a winger he lacks pace but it would be good to see him on the right wing with Johnson on the left as a 442 set of wingers. Balls whipped in on stronger foot like. Through the middle is a place we could play him, box to box as his stamina would allow it. Only problem with Milner is that he is so flexible he has many different roles rather than perfecting a single role he is good at many. I wouldn't consider him a top 4 player though, squad yeah but not starting.

--

By the way guys, whatever happened to that Argentian 'Rodriguez'? To tie with the Sapronos line, it all went quiet.

my point was as for as i know mancini i believe he would prefear to play with a short + a tall stiker couple , just this.

but it seem today there are a lot of language masters and politically correct maniac to whom i'm happy to apologise for my linguistic ignorance.

meanwhile i'll stand on my point , mancini will rarely play aguero and tevez together , IMO.

Invisible_Goat said:
Mancio said:
Mister Appointment said:
It's not very nice referring to two of the best centre forwards in the world as "2 dwarfs". Both players have excellent upper body strength which more than makes up for a perceived lack of height. Barcelona are a team full of "dwarfs" and it hasn't stopped them from succeeding.

In some sports, you know by someone's appearance if they would be half decent, so the fact you call them dwarfs suggest you must be a basketball or American rugby fan.

In football, a weak overweight slow dwarf, could in fact be in the top 50 players in the world because he could have many other great attributes. The fact that Aguero and Tevez are small has no relevance what so ever to how good they are because In terms of ability these men are massive. I would only replace Aguero or Tevez with Messi and he's smaller than both.

How tall was Maradona?

Being small is a good thing as normally players are quicker in accelration and tend to have far superior ball control than taller players.

Unless we have suddenly reverted to Stokes style of play I see no problem with having short players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.