It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrewmswift said:
Tolmie said just today to judge everything in its whole context. Sinclair rather than a very expensive wide player means we have more money for other needs. Sinclair has great pace which AJ does not, which renders him largely irrelevant to the team's options.

Sinclair

And, for example:

Agger for AJ and 12 million
De Rossi for 27 million

That would be a cracking window and will have covered all of our needs.
Agger for AJ and 12 million is awful business. I keep reading that the dippers want around 24 mil for Agger as thats what we paid for lescott but by that logic we should value AJ at minimum 20 mil as thats what they paid for Downing. So AJ and a maximum of 5 mil would be good business. We need to start getting rid of our players for their true value.

Kun Aguero said:
SJC said:
LoveCity said:
Were you pissing yourself when they signed Valencia, who was no better for Wigan than Sinclair has been for Swansea? Some players evolve at big clubs, that is the idea of signing promising young players who have shown good ability (as Sinclair has). Of course some go the other way like Savic, but it's a calculated risk at such a transfer fee.
Great point that (Love city).. At the end of the day if he sign's for us he'll be a Manchester city player, so he'll get my backing...

Well hes not going to be a Everton player.
lol

PistonBlue said:
Soulboy said:
I don't get the comparisons with Valencia. He was a top player at Wigan for a couple of seasons before baconface invested the not insignificant sum of £17m on him.

Sinclair is nowhere near that standard so far. I watched Sinclair in both games against us last saeson and he did next to nothing to worry us.

As with every City player, he will get my backing but, and let's be realistic, if the rags bought him we would be pissing ourselves at the fact they were skint.

Strange signing, and in my humble opinion, not even as good as Adam Johnson, Hoilett, Moses or Walcott.

We let a similar type of player go just a couple of days ago for £1.3m... like I say, totally underwhelming. Certainly not one of the "bombs" predicted to shake the foundations of world football!

To be fair, a lot of City fans took the piss when they signed Valencia. 'Top Wigan player' (what an accolade that is btw) he might have been, but many people questioned his credentials as a rag, so I think the comparison is valid.

Not me or the people I know.

We all wanted Valencia at the time, and I was really hoping we'd go for him. Always been a fan of his.

Why didn't we go for him if we wanted a pacy winger!!!

Soulboy said:
twinkletoes said:
allan harper said:
I couldn't of put it any better myself.

Perhaps Mancini thinks he is more disciplined than Wiess and Johno.

He can mould him into shape like Rodgers did.

Ah, so Mancini aspires to be as good a manager as Rodgers now then?

Just out of interest... what shape?

He's fast. He gets his head down and runs. He rarely picks out a cross.

But if Mancini sees something in him, all well and good. Let's hope he doesn't just disappear off the radar like Adam Johnson and Milner have done.

Personally, I'd rather we kept the money in our pockets for when someone of real quality became available. This smacks of a Stuart Pearce / Frank Clark type signing.

Sorry. But, for me, the least inspiring signing since Bobby Shinton...
Milner hasn't disappeared. His role is precisely what it should be... quality utility player who is plugged in when needed.

city91 said:
andrewmswift said:
Tolmie said just today to judge everything in its whole context. Sinclair rather than a very expensive wide player means we have more money for other needs. Sinclair has great pace which AJ does not, which renders him largely irrelevant to the team's options.

Sinclair

And, for example:

De Rossi for 27 million

Agger for AJ and 12 million is awful business. I keep reading that the dippers want around 24 mil for Agger as thats what we paid for lescott but by that logic we should value AJ at minimum 20 mil as thats what they paid for Downing. So AJ and a maximum of 5 mil would be good business. We need to start getting rid of our players for their true value.

Downing is a Dalglish signing. Just because he wildly overvalued him doesn't mean a competent man like Rodgers would overvalue AJ.

And AJ has gone backward. Never been the same since he did his ankle. We need a winger with pace and he doesn't have it.

andrewmswift said:
city91 said:
andrewmswift said:

Sinclair

And, for example:

De Rossi for 27 million

Downing is a Dalglish signing. Just because he wildly overvalued him doesn't mean a competent man like Rodgers would overvalue AJ.

And AJ has gone backward. Never been the same since he did his ankle. We need a winger with pace and he doesn't have it.

By the same token read Lescott for Downing and Hughes for Dalglish

andrewmswift said:
city91 said:
andrewmswift said:

Sinclair

And, for example:

De Rossi for 27 million

By all accounts though Agger seems to be quite injury prone so why would Mancini overvalue Agger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.