It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleggy09 said:
i rckon RVP given arsenal signing a player this morning.

The surprise is that we said we were out of it almost yesterday, manchini starting the games early maybe :-)

Tolimie also said in his last post

we always get who we want

bobmcfc said:
mad zab said:
Personally thought Sinclair had a good season for Swansea.

Obviously not the superstar so many on here were hoping for, but by no means is he shit. Gives us the pace we lacked last season, and also played in a team that passed the ball very well, so should fit into our style very well.
He went On Quite a few loan spells in his Chelsea days

Yes, but he was only young then and has definitely improved at Swansea.

I for one won't get on his back before he has even played for us, and hopefully if he does sign all blues will give him our support.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The fee will be much lower than £8m, closer to £5m and rising.

I would state his signing would be a surprise, whether it is a nice one, that's for Blue Moon's great and good to decide.

Our surprises will come in all shapes and sizes.

Would you have preferred we signed Walcott for £15m and £120k a week.

I was thinking in those lines earlier, and I would much rather take Scott for your £5m mentioned and probably a sane weekly wage than what Theo would cost. I don't think there is much separating them quality wise and under Mancini's management Sinclair can become a much better than Walcott could ever become.

Not an exciting transfer, but all in all I'd say it's a good one. I do wonder if AJ's future has any relevance to this piece of business though.

Laertes said:
IBlue said:
Big_Fan said:
I think he adds to the squad something that we need and has over Johnson which is pace but would have preferred Moses or Hoilett tbh !

Agree with them may being better options, however one is Canadian and the other has pledged his alliegience to an african country, aswell as losing him every 2 years in Jan, they also do not count for an English quota
There isn't an English quota, it's a Homegrown quota. Hoilett, Moses and Sinclair all count as Homegrown players.
fact remains that Moses would in all likliehood be away for ACON with Nigeria.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
oakiecokie said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I would state his signing would be a surprise, whether it is a nice one, that's for Blue Moon's great and good to decide.

And colours ??

HaHa!

I was gutted we signed Clichy last summer.

I thought his best days were behind him and having seen Nani rip him a new one against Arsenal for two years running, it was a bad move from us.

We spent £8m on him and has proved an astute piece of business.

Sinclair ticks a lot of boxes. He is home grown, cheap and not asking ridiculous wages.

He wants to prove himself and is prepared to sit on the bench and wait for his chance.

No brainer. Just don't let him take any penalties, having seen the one against Joe last season!

Clichy was a brilliant piece of business and yes who`s to say Sinclair can`t follow in his footsteps.
Still quiet on the western front ref our other potential targets Tolm ??

Matt the Giant said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I was thinking in those lines earlier, and I would much rather take Scott for your £5m mentioned and probably a sane weekly wage than what Theo would cost. I don't think there is much separating them quality wise and under Mancini's management Sinclair can become a much better than Walcott could ever become.

Not an exciting transfer, but all in all I'd say it's a good one. I do wonder if AJ's future has any relevance to this piece of business though.

precisely,Sunderland i reckon for AJ

meldrew said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Good signing, a pact winger more end product than Walcott for sure.

Walcott the better player so will cost more in wages/fee. Are we not looking to buy better players or just cheap ones, no having this an improvement however its dresssed up

Whether its Sinclair or not, its got the board going, and it looks like our dealings are about to take shape, which is great news.

I think we should look at our signings once all the business is done. Judging one player in isolation isn't ideal. We can't sign all world beaters and Bobby's done enough since being with us for me to trust him to get the right balance in terms of signings and for the squad as a whole.

I do think we need winger though, someone with genuine pace who can go past a man. AJ doesn't do that and has been really poor in my view in the pre-season games. Sinclair wouldn't be my first choice (but prefer him to Walcott), but he has impressed me and its about the team as a whole.

Looking forward now to the rest of the window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.