It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we wont the league on goal difference alone.....

utd have strenghened as have chelsea.....you could even argue that arsenal have with there signings and not having to rely on just rvp.

we have added a player who is nowhere near the finished article yet and though he addsa bit of depth to the squad he doesnt really strenghten it/.

if we get sinclair and keep AJ then we will have stregnthened our attacking dept....sell AJ and we have just swapped one wide player for another (even though they may differ in styles)

we need cover for yaya (though that is extremely difficult as he is a one off type of player)

we need cover at centre half as savic is a disaster waiting to happen....id rather keep kolo as cover.

if we want to improve the squad further a forward to replace dzeko is needed....it will be intersting to see how we play without kun for 4-6 wks......tevez and balo im not sure work together though both are fantastic strikers so dzeko will be partnering one fo those two i think...but in my opinion he wastes too many chances and rarely creates chances for himself.

simon23 said:

utd have strenghened as have chelsea.....you could even argue that arsenal have with there signings and not having to rely on just rvp.

we have added a player who is nowhere near the finished article yet and though he addsa bit of depth to the squad he doesnt really strenghten it/.

if we get sinclair and keep AJ then we will have stregnthened our attacking dept....sell AJ and we have just swapped one wide player for another (even though they may differ in styles)

we need cover for yaya (though that is extremely difficult as he is a one off type of player)

we need cover at centre half as savic is a disaster waiting to happen....id rather keep kolo as cover.

if we want to improve the squad further a forward to replace dzeko is needed....it will be intersting to see how we play without kun for 4-6 wks......tevez and balo im not sure work together though both are fantastic strikers so dzeko will be partnering one fo those two i think...but in my opinion he wastes too many chances and rarely creates chances for himself.

Aguero is expected back by 15th september, missing 2 premiership games Liverpool away and QPR at home.

Re: How would you feel?

LoveCity said:
Колобок said:
we might very well end up with only Rodwell. i'll feel perfectly OK, we have a PL winning squad.

I don't think Mancini is happy with a PL winning squad, his obsession will be Europe where he has underachieved so far so wants a squad that can go for everything. This will be why he wants more quality players and a top midfielder to partner Yaya in the Champions League... best not to dwell on De Rossi, but with him and assuming he settled well, I think it would have boosted our hopes of going far in the CL considerably.

We finished with 10 points last season amidst the mayhem in Munich and what ensued and that number would have seen us to the next stage in any other group in our first attempt.

One of our group went all the way and blew the final.

It was won by a side who finished a distant sixth in the premiership.

When was the last time a side that finished sixth in their league won the CL?

Naturally the usual suspects will be there when the whips are cracking but as long as we win our home games we will go through this year and we are due for an easier group.

Once its sudden death as such anything can happen but at home we should be ok and we can score enough goals to reach the latter stage.

A semi final birth would be a wonderful achievement but again the premier league is the main focus as it always should be.

mancity1 said:
LoveCity said:
Колобок said:
we might very well end up with only Rodwell. i'll feel perfectly OK, we have a PL winning squad.

I don't think Mancini is happy with a PL winning squad, his obsession will be Europe where he has underachieved so far so wants a squad that can go for everything. This will be why he wants more quality players and a top midfielder to partner Yaya in the Champions League... best not to dwell on De Rossi, but with him and assuming he settled well, I think it would have boosted our hopes of going far in the CL considerably.

We finished with 10 points last season amidst the mayhem in Munich and what ensued and that number would have seen us to the next stage in any other group in our first attempt.

Naturally the usual suspects will be there when the whips are cracking but as long as we win our home games we will go through this year and we are due for an easier group.

Once its sudden death as such anything can happen but at home we should be ok and we can score enough goals to reach the latter stage.

A semi final birth would be a wonderful achievement but again the premier league is the main focus as it always should be.
We also went out of the Fa Cup in the 3rd round and our CC semi final performances were abysmal with out Yaya, if we want to challenge on all fronts we need more signings.

Stoned Rose said:
simon23 said:

Aguero is expected back by 15th september, missing 2 premiership games Liverpool away and QPR at home.

fair enough as i just read he was out for a month so thought he may miss more....but you have to be very careful with knee injuries so wouldnt want to rush him back and he will also be short of match practise after not training or playing for a couple of weeks.....the point is really that with only the 3 strikers left (one of which i dont rate...dzeko.....) then that leaves us a little light....this is why it is improtant to have 4 top strikers not 2 plus dzeko

If Rodwell replaces Nige, that's a full Dutch international replaced by 'one for the future.' The squad is unquestionably weakened. Even if Nige doesn't leave, adding Rodwell doesn't improve our starting 11. Sinclair replacing AJ is probably a wash, hard to argue that it's a significant improvement.

Weakening our squad after winning the PL would be unthinkable. Guess if you want to use Wenger logic Tevez is like a new signing lol

greasedupdeafguy said:
mancity1 said:
LoveCity said:

We also went out of the Fa Cup in the 3rd round and our CC semi final performances were abysmal with out Yaya, if we want to challenge on all fronts we need more signings.

Would you be happy with the CL and the Premiership and we lost to Wolves in the third round of the FA Cup and lost on penalties to Brighton at our first outing in the Capital One or whatever it is now AND did it with the squad we currently have?

simon23 said:

Pretty sure that dippers away we will just play Carlos on his tod up front, pack the midfield with Nige coming in - QPR will be a romp so I'd expect Bob to play Balo.

Blue Haze said:
If Rodwell replaces Nige, that's a full Dutch international replaced by 'one for the future.' The squad is unquestionably weakened. Even if Nige doesn't leave, adding Rodwell doesn't improve our starting 11. Sinclair replacing AJ is probably a wash, hard to argue that it's a significant improvement.

Weakening our squad after winning the PL would be unthinkable. Guess if you want to use Wenger logic Tevez is like a new signing lol

pretty much agree with you...

but the point about tevez is pretty valid...it was pretty clear from day one that tevez and mancini didnt get on but now tevez seems to be happier than ever.....and he is flying

...if things stay like that if aguero can stay injury free and if balo can grow up a bit and if we added a 4th world class striker then that would be the icing on the cake.....

however there are some big ifs in that!!!!

Rammy Blue said:
simon23 said:

Pretty sure that dippers away we will just play Carlos on his tod up front, pack the midfield with Nige coming in - QPR will be a romp so I'd expect Bob to play Balo.
I'm fully expecting him to release Balo on the dippers with their shit defence.I bet they play the gypo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.