It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon23 said:
Stoned Rose said:
simon23 said:
we wont the league on goal difference alone.....

utd have strenghened as have chelsea.....you could even argue that arsenal have with there signings and not having to rely on just rvp.

we have added a player who is nowhere near the finished article yet and though he addsa bit of depth to the squad he doesnt really strenghten it/.

if we get sinclair and keep AJ then we will have stregnthened our attacking dept....sell AJ and we have just swapped one wide player for another (even though they may differ in styles)

we need cover for yaya (though that is extremely difficult as he is a one off type of player)

we need cover at centre half as savic is a disaster waiting to happen....id rather keep kolo as cover.

if we want to improve the squad further a forward to replace dzeko is needed....it will be intersting to see how we play without kun for 4-6 wks......tevez and balo im not sure work together though both are fantastic strikers so dzeko will be partnering one fo those two i think...but in my opinion he wastes too many chances and rarely creates chances for himself.

Aguero is expected back by 15th september, missing 2 premiership games Liverpool away and QPR at home.

fair enough as i just read he was out for a month so thought he may miss more....but you have to be very careful with knee injuries so wouldnt want to rush him back and he will also be short of match practise after not training or playing for a couple of weeks.....the point is really that with only the 3 strikers left (one of which i dont rate...dzeko.....) then that leaves us a little light....this is why it is improtant to have 4 top strikers not 2 plus dzeko

why do people not rate dzeko he's a quality center forward who will score plenty of goals given the chances him and tevez will be a great combo at the dippers bout time people give him a break and support him.

simon23 said:
Blue Haze said:
If Rodwell replaces Nige, that's a full Dutch international replaced by 'one for the future.' The squad is unquestionably weakened. Even if Nige doesn't leave, adding Rodwell doesn't improve our starting 11. Sinclair replacing AJ is probably a wash, hard to argue that it's a significant improvement.

Weakening our squad after winning the PL would be unthinkable. Guess if you want to use Wenger logic Tevez is like a new signing lol

pretty much agree with you...

but the point about tevez is pretty valid...it was pretty clear from day one that tevez and mancini didnt get on but now tevez seems to be happier than ever.....and he is flying

...if things stay like that if aguero can stay injury free and if balo can grow up a bit and if we added a 4th world class striker then that would be the icing on the cake.....

however there are some big ifs in that!!!!

Not sure why you don't rate Dzeko at all Simon23 , any other side in the premiership including those who you say have improved would snap our hand off to have him in their side.

As for goals his goals to minutes played is better than the other three and while I agree it would be icing on the cake if he could sharpen his control in key areas.

Once again his positioning on Sunday when Carlos was obviously spent and had run out of ideas won us the game.

The reality is RM will have far more grey hairs as a result of Mario and Tevez's antics this season both on and off the field than Dzeko.

Dzeko is a must for us both in the premiership and if we are to do anything of note in the CL of this I am sure of.

mancity1 said:
simon23 said:
Blue Haze said:
If Rodwell replaces Nige, that's a full Dutch international replaced by 'one for the future.' The squad is unquestionably weakened. Even if Nige doesn't leave, adding Rodwell doesn't improve our starting 11. Sinclair replacing AJ is probably a wash, hard to argue that it's a significant improvement.

Weakening our squad after winning the PL would be unthinkable. Guess if you want to use Wenger logic Tevez is like a new signing lol

but the point about tevez is pretty valid...it was pretty clear from day one that tevez and mancini didnt get on but now tevez seems to be happier than ever.....and he is flying

...if things stay like that if aguero can stay injury free and if balo can grow up a bit and if we added a 4th world class striker then that would be the icing on the cake.....

Not sure why you don't rate Dzeko at all Simon23 , any other side in the premiership including those who you say have improved would snap our hand off to have him in their side.

As for goals his goals to minutes played is better than the other three and while I agree it would be icing on the cake if he could sharpen his control in key areas.

Once again his positioning on Sunday when Carlos was obviously spent and had run out of ideas won us the game.

The reality is RM will have far more grey hairs as a result of Mario and Tevez's antics this season both on and off the field than Dzeko.

Dzeko is a must for us both in the premiership and if we are to do anything of note in the CL of this I am sure of.
I wouldn't let it worry you,i've heard a few on here that didnt rate Yaya.

mancity1 said:
simon23 said:
Blue Haze said:

I'm with you and Uwe Rosler 28 up there. I hope Dzeko gets the start at Anfield as I know it'll do him the world of good. He and Aguero worked well last season and I'm sure Tevez' work rate will get him going. Pretty tired of the stick Edin gets on here, 5 years ago we would dream of having a forward like him!

birchwoodgingerste said:
Does anyone think mancini could be redy to hijack ramirez to southampton deal or dawson to qpr ?

No. There's a reason they're going there.

mancity1 said:
simon23 said:
Blue Haze said:

I agree. He needs more game time and if he gets it, and especially if we start playing with 3 at the back, he could be the big centre forward who bangs in the goals. I could see him getting 25 a season and we would be mad to sell him. Especially trying to win or go far in all competitions. And, he brings a different style to the game if and when Aguero and Tevez buzzing around has not worked. Set pieces and corners are vital weapons against park-the-bus defences and Aguero and Tevez are pretty useless in the air. Dzeko scores headers for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.