It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ragnarok said:
Rolee said:
Something I need to get off my chest.

I keep hearing we only won the league on goal difference, panic panic. We amassed 89 points last season, it doesn't really get a whole lot better than that. The record in a 38 game season is I believe 93 points amassed by Chelsea in one of the Jose years.

We have strengthened regardless of new signings. We have one of the best strikers in the world fully committed ( fingers crossed ) to the cause this year. We have also gained that winning mentality, self belief, momentum and fighting spirit from winning the title last season. We didn't have the same mentality at the beginning of last season yet we won it, there is nothing stopping us doing the same again.

Having said all that, I would like one or two new arrivals in the next week to provide a little extra competition for places as this would keep the squad on it's toes and leaves less room for complacency to creep in. If that doesn't happen I still believe we are well set to have another tilt at the title. It saddens to see so much complaining when we have just won our first title in 44 years.

I agree with you BUT the aim is not just to win the league, is it? The ultimate aim is to push forward in the CL, and our squad is not good enough to reach beyond the CL semis

this.

Ragnarok said:
Rolee said:

I keep hearing we only won the league on goal difference, panic panic. We amassed 89 points last season, it doesn't really get a whole lot better than that. The record in a 38 game season is I believe 93 points amassed by Chelsea in one of the Jose years.

We have strengthened regardless of new signings. We have one of the best strikers in the world fully committed ( fingers crossed ) to the cause this year. We have also gained that winning mentality, self belief, momentum and fighting spirit from winning the title last season. We didn't have the same mentality at the beginning of last season yet we won it, there is nothing stopping us doing the same again.

Having said all that, I would like one or two new arrivals in the next week to provide a little extra competition for places as this would keep the squad on it's toes and leaves less room for complacency to creep in. If that doesn't happen I still believe we are well set to have another tilt at the title. It saddens to see so much complaining when we have just won our first title in 44 years.

I agree with you BUT the aim is not just to win the league, is it? The ultimate aim is to push forward in the CL, and our squad is not good enough to reach beyond the CL semis

I take your point but Chelsea's squad on paper last season wasn't good enough to win the CL. If we had qualified from our group last season then who knows how far we could gave gone in the knockout stages.

Talking of CL, the experience garnered from the team playing in that comp last year will surely stand to us this time around making us stronger than when we played in it last year.

Ragnarok said:
Rolee said:

Sorry bud,but thats a crock.. Are you saying that Chelseas squad last year was far superior to ours ?? the same Chelsea that was 25 points behind us ?? yet won the CL ??

Its all about what happens on the day game by game and our current squad/team 'on its day' can beat anyone..

FFs we recently won the toughest league in Europe...

samharris said:
Ragnarok said:
Rolee said:

Sorry bud,but thats a crock.. Are you saying that Chelseas squad last year was far superior to ours ?? the same Chelsea that was 25 points behind us ?? yet won the CL ??

Its all about what happens on the day game by game and our current squad/team 'on its day' can beat anyone..

Chelseas win was just pure luck, nothing else. It was a once in a lifetime situation. One in a million kind of situation.

Ragnarok said:
samharris said:

Chelseas win was just pure luck, nothing else. It was a once in a lifetime situation. One in a million kind of situation.

You don't win the Champions League through luck, it may have been unpleasant viewing but Chelsea deserved to win that last season.

Ragnarok said:
samharris said:
Ragnarok said:

Oh right..so they got through the group stage on luck,then got through the knock out stage on luck,and then won the semi on luck and hey ho won the final on luck..

lucky bastards...

Seosa said:
Ragnarok said:
samharris said:

You don't win the Champions League through luck, it may have been unpleasant viewing but Chelsea deserved to win that last season.

I am not implying that Chelsea didnt play well. They did play well, but were extremely lucky in terms of opponents mistakes and missed chances of scoring sitters. What i mean is that this was a once in a lifetime situation in the sense that no other team will have most if not all the crucial moments in match go their way.

Ragnarok said:
Seosa said:
Ragnarok said:

I am not implying that Chelsea didnt play well. They did play well, but were extremely lucky in terms of opponents mistakes and missed chances of scoring sitters. What i mean is that this was a once in a lifetime situation in the sense that no other team will have most if not all the crucial moments in match go their way.

you have just described every football game ever played...

samharris said:
Ragnarok said:
Seosa said:

Yes, but after the group stages, Chelsea had everything go their way even if they didnt necessarily deserve it in every match. If you dont call that luck, then i dont know what is.

Ragnarok said:
samharris said:
Ragnarok said:

Yes, but after the group stages, Chelsea had everything go their way even if they didnt necessarily deserve it in every match. If you dont call that luck, then i dont know what is.

So what in your mind tells you that we wouldnt get past the CL semis with the team we have ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.