It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly an world class players available so business has been tough.

Missing out on Hazard has made me gutted as he would have fit perfectly into our side but you move on.

Stillsy said:

Missing out on Hazard has made me gutted as he would have fit perfectly into our side but you move on.

Out of interest who would miss out from the team v Southampton for Hazard?

greasedupdeafguy said:
I would prefer him to Barry tbh but why is it hes been here two years and never played centrally why would he this season? Mancini must not rate him there.

Last season when Yaya went of to Africa thats when our poor form started, lets not make the same mistake again. Finally it is up to Mancini but this a forum and the whole point of is to discuss things about our squad otherwise it would be pretty boring.
He has actually but whatever.
We have not needed him too might be an answer to that?

I know it is a forum to discuss things but flat out seemingly to accept that we do already have adequate cover (maybe not in your opinion) for Yaya is just very annoying.

Much like your imo very harsh and not necessary slating of Savic in a thread months ago.

Mancini:

'We have another week but I think today for us it is important to think about Liverpool,' he said.

'I am sure we will do what we want in one week.

'We are working, we can't say a name or how many players, but in the last days we will be working.'

greasedupdeafguy said:
CTID101 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Erm we've been after De Rossi all summer, Milner wont play in cm, in the two years hes been here he has never played there so why would he this season? And Nasri wont play in the centre especially if we only play with a midfield two, as a combo of Nasri and Yaya we would just get destroyed with no protection in front of the midfield two.

Basically we rely on Yaya way to much without him our midfield is not good enough, although we cant get a second Yaya we can get someone very technically gifted Martinez/Benat etc to give us more depth. Mancini either plays with a midfield two with Yaya plus a defensive midfielder which imo is way to open especially in Europe or a midfield three with Yaya playing in front of 2 midfielders last season it was Barry and De Jong but for me a deep lying playmaker would be much better in this system replacing one of De Jong/Barry. This is the reason we don't play Yaya in a midfield three that often as we don't really have 'regista' to play behind him.
As has been said before me this was all paper talk and twitter about De Rossi. No proof of bids or talks just alot of City fans wanting it to happen.

Milner will play where he is told. What the fuck are you on about. Just because he doesn't start there every week doesn't mean he can't play there.

Besides, you were moaning because Yaya is going to AcON. If he is off for those few weeks i am more than comfortable with Milner in midfield alongside NDJ, Rodwell or Barry etc. It isn't ideal but if we go out and buy Martinez etc what happens to those players. Just have them sat in the stands.

If Mancini doesn't want a midfielder/feel he needs one then who are we to judge. We can all sit here and say we should do this and that but at the end of the day it is Mancini who has to train and work with these players.
I would prefer him to Barry tbh but why is it hes been here two years and never played centrally why would he this season? Mancini must not rate him there.

Last season when Yaya went of to Africa thats when our poor form started, lets not make the same mistake again. Finally it is up to Mancini but this a forum and the whole point of is to discuss things about our squad otherwise it would be pretty boring.

This was also the same time Kompany was suspended, which hopefully won't happen again, the 2 of them missing for a few games is what caused our dip in form imo.

CTID101 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

He has actually but whatever.
We have not needed him too might be an answer to that?

I know it is a forum to discuss things but flat out seemingly to accept that we do already have adequate cover (maybe not in your opinion) for Yaya is just very annoying.

Much like your imo very harsh and not necessary slating of Savic in a thread months ago.
When has he played centrally? Even when Yaya went to Africa he still never played there.
And we don't have adequate cover for Yaya thats just my opinion, when he went away last year we looked a shadow of team that we were with him, we were also lucky with injuries. I still think we will sign a midfielder but we will see and I hope your right about having adequate cover if we don't. On Savic I just think hes dire, the mistakes he made last season almost cost us the prem I would much prefer Boyata. Plus its not like slagging him off on a forum is going to affect his performances is it.

johnmc said:
Stillsy said:

For me... Silva.

Its all about a squad game, Silva needs a week or two more rest and if we would have had Hazard then we wouldnt have needed to play David, and if he would have been on the bench i would have brought him on for Sergio.

Football is unpredictable and Hazard would have been great for us.

johnmc said:
Stillsy said:

Webb even though he was our best player.

Stillsy said:
johnmc said:
Stillsy said:

For me... Silva.

Its all about a squad game, Silva needs a week or two more rest and if we would have had Hazard then we wouldnt have needed to play David, and if he would have been on the bench i would have brought him on for Sergio.

Football is unpredictable and Hazard would have been great for us.

Hazard would've been great backup for Silva....still can't believe we got Silva for £10M less.£34M for back up isn't good business, I would rather have Nasri to be honest.
He looks great against the 'lower' standard teams but he didn't get a sniff against us and he won't against anyone with Champions League credentials in my opinion

Rolee said:
Something I need to get off my chest.

I keep hearing we only won the league on goal difference, panic panic. We amassed 89 points last season, it doesn't really get a whole lot better than that. The record in a 38 game season is I believe 93 points amassed by Chelsea in one of the Jose years.

We have strengthened regardless of new signings. We have one of the best strikers in the world fully committed ( fingers crossed ) to the cause this year. We have also gained that winning mentality, self belief, momentum and fighting spirit from winning the title last season. We didn't have the same mentality at the beginning of last season yet we won it, there is nothing stopping us doing the same again.

Having said all that, I would like one or two new arrivals in the next week to provide a little extra competition for places as this would keep the squad on it's toes and leaves less room for complacency to creep in. If that doesn't happen I still believe we are well set to have another tilt at the title. It saddens to see so much complaining when we have just won our first title in 44 years.

I agree with you BUT the aim is not just to win the league, is it? The ultimate aim is to push forward in the CL, and our squad is not good enough to reach beyond the CL semis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.