It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
What was the press conference all about then?
It is more than covered in the relevant thread, all their players did one, his was the last because he is Mr Roma, and the most important to the fans.
Fair enough, I still think Mancini was very interested in signing him and will sign a centre mid in the last week of the window.

greasedupdeafguy said:
cleavers said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
What was the press conference all about then?
It is more than covered in the relevant thread, all their players did one, his was the last because he is Mr Roma, and the most important to the fans.
Fair enough, I still think Mancini was very interested in signing him and will sign a centre mid in the last week of the window.
I'm sure he was interested too, but it would seem we made nothing more than an enquiry, and were told he wasn't interested, but its not "loads and loads of evidence" is it ?

CTID101 said:
Forzacitizens said:
Bit worried about relying on Barry De Jong and Milner for CM when Yaya goes to ACON.
Rodwell? Nasri can more than do a job as well.

Then you factor in the likes of Razak.

We have cover in midfield.

We also have cover in defence but of course like every team you can improve.
Maicon can play CB, RB and RWB. Exactly what Mancini want's in his players. I can see a move for Richards to CB and Maicon to RWB. Richards allowed to go forward when possible also.

razak could well be going to ACON too...

johnmc said:
flb said:
Mancini seems very calm about the situation at todays presser,bodes well for me.

if hes not worried then why should we be!

What was said mate iro transfers

He didnt really say owt,just that we are working on transfers into the last week.

There seems to be an obsession about what other clubs are doing,we are stronger going into the new season,perhaps not in numbers but mentally tougher now and the squad is really settled.

chillax-bobby seems to be!

I cant see Razak not going he is a full international now and is improving at a good rate he looked very decent in preseason and is bound to get carling cup games this year, bit gutted to be honest though, thought he would have been good yaya cover.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Erm we've been after De Rossi all summer, Milner wont play in cm, in the two years hes been here he has never played there so why would he this season? And Nasri wont play in the centre especially if we only play with a midfield two, as a combo of Nasri and Yaya we would just get destroyed with no protection in front of the midfield two.

Basically we rely on Yaya way to much without him our midfield is not good enough, although we cant get a second Yaya we can get someone very technically gifted Martinez/Benat etc to give us more depth. Mancini either plays with a midfield two with Yaya plus a defensive midfielder which imo is way to open especially in Europe or a midfield three with Yaya playing in front of 2 midfielders last season it was Barry and De Jong but for me a deep lying playmaker would be much better in this system replacing one of De Jong/Barry. This is the reason we don't play Yaya in a midfield three that often as we don't really have 'regista' to play behind him.
As has been said before me this was all paper talk and twitter about De Rossi. No proof of bids or talks just alot of City fans wanting it to happen.

Milner will play where he is told. What the fuck are you on about. Just because he doesn't start there every week doesn't mean he can't play there.

Besides, you were moaning because Yaya is going to AcON. If he is off for those few weeks i am more than comfortable with Milner in midfield alongside NDJ, Rodwell or Barry etc. It isn't ideal but if we go out and buy Martinez etc what happens to those players. Just have them sat in the stands.

If Mancini doesn't want a midfielder/feel he needs one then who are we to judge. We can all sit here and say we should do this and that but at the end of the day it is Mancini who has to train and work with these players.

Not a concern if the club doesn't bring any players. In my view we have tried to strengthen but the players we want are unavailable.

CTID101 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Erm we've been after De Rossi all summer, Milner wont play in cm, in the two years hes been here he has never played there so why would he this season? And Nasri wont play in the centre especially if we only play with a midfield two, as a combo of Nasri and Yaya we would just get destroyed with no protection in front of the midfield two.

Basically we rely on Yaya way to much without him our midfield is not good enough, although we cant get a second Yaya we can get someone very technically gifted Martinez/Benat etc to give us more depth. Mancini either plays with a midfield two with Yaya plus a defensive midfielder which imo is way to open especially in Europe or a midfield three with Yaya playing in front of 2 midfielders last season it was Barry and De Jong but for me a deep lying playmaker would be much better in this system replacing one of De Jong/Barry. This is the reason we don't play Yaya in a midfield three that often as we don't really have 'regista' to play behind him.
As has been said before me this was all paper talk and twitter about De Rossi. No proof of bids or talks just alot of City fans wanting it to happen.

Milner will play where he is told. What the fuck are you on about. Just because he doesn't start there every week doesn't mean he can't play there.

Besides, you were moaning because Yaya is going to AcON. If he is off for those few weeks i am more than comfortable with Milner in midfield alongside NDJ, Rodwell or Barry etc. It isn't ideal but if we go out and buy Martinez etc what happens to those players. Just have them sat in the stands.

If Mancini doesn't want a midfielder/feel he needs one then who are we to judge. We can all sit here and say we should do this and that but at the end of the day it is Mancini who has to train and work with these players.
I would prefer him to Barry tbh but why is it hes been here two years and never played centrally why would he this season? Mancini must not rate him there.

Last season when Yaya went of to Africa thats when our poor form started, lets not make the same mistake again. Finally it is up to Mancini but this a forum and the whole point of is to discuss things about our squad otherwise it would be pretty boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.