It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax, we've got 5 days to go.

Obviously since funds for Hazard and De Rossi were authorised, just bringing in Sinclair and Rodwell was short of the planned transfer fund.

Maybe, just maybe city are trying to get their books in order. Seems this window is much more about removing players and consolidating our finances / wages than buying marquee players. For me getting rid of a couple more wages off our payroll will make it even more sweeter.

The city tax and being purse raped by clubs, agents and wage demands needs to be stopped and if this means we lose out on players in the process then so be it.

So what if the other teams have strengthened, our team is still title winning and financially better off.

S04 said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Apart from possibly Sinclair I get the feeling that is it folks. We appear to have fucked up big style in this window, Hazard being the biggest cock-up (isn't it something like 8 assists or goals out of Chelsea's 9 so far?).

When I earlier stated that there would be little transfer activity this season I was shoot down in flames on here..

Why don´t people trust what Khaldoon says?

For the same reason no-one trusts Mancini over the potential signing of Sinclair or the signing of Rodwell. Too many Football Manager enthusiasts on this forum.

bodak said:
S04 said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Apart from possibly Sinclair I get the feeling that is it folks. We appear to have fucked up big style in this window, Hazard being the biggest cock-up (isn't it something like 8 assists or goals out of Chelsea's 9 so far?).

When I earlier stated that there would be little transfer activity this season I was shoot down in flames on here..

For the same reason no-one trusts Mancini over the potential signing of Sinclair or the signing of Rodwell. Too many Football Manger enthusiasts on this forum.

Big Dave Watson said:

Silva is better anyway and Silva is 20 times better than Kinkladze as well

As I told anyone that would listen Hazard will b player of the year this season ask any1 who they think where the best 5 players ever it will b Maradona , Messi , Pele , Best and Silva cause they all can beat whole team on there own with wonderfully dribbling ability like the goal against West Ham or the goal against Boro away or even that one when he picked up the ball on the halfway line against Southampton .

bodak said:
S04 said:
Big Dave Watson said:

For the same reason no-one trusts Mancini over the potential signing of Sinclair or the signing of Rodwell. Too many Football Manager enthusiasts on this forum.

Hell hath no fury as the needy scorned .

Jack74 said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Silva is better anyway and Silva is 20 times better than Kinkladze as well...
Don't be bloody stupid. I've told you a million times not to exaggerate. Yes, Silva is arguably better than Kinkladze was, even at his best, but right now Silva is not the player he was 12 months ago.

samharris said:
bodak said:
S04 said:

Hell hath no fury as the needy scorned .

I just think I am not suitably informed or experienced to know what and where we actually do need to change the team but what I do know is that the management team of the club I love has delivered us the FA Cup and Premiership title over the last 2 years, therefore I am inclined to trust them.

The window hasn't shut yet so we can barely begin to judge it objectively; in fact at what point can you a definitive assessment, the end of the year, the end of the season? You may not see the full impact of the transfer activity until well after the window closes. However, and I've not watched much of him yet, Hazard is showing all the signs of having a big season. I do agree with the principle of not paying stupid amounts of money to agents but it that a mis-placed principle if you harm yourself in the process of applying it? Did City simply misjudge Hazard's worth or will PL defences start to get a grip of him?

I think we have more questions than answers at the moment but I always thought that this should have been the last window where we really spent big on a few players in order to put us undisputedly out in front and we show no sign of doing that. If FFPR is the reason, I'd be disappointed: although I understand why City might want to pay lip service to UEFA's scandalous attempts to neuter us, I'd call their bluff. If Mansour has decided now is the time to make a concerted effort to move towards a self-sufficient business, I'd say that's his prerogative: I do believe that is ultimately in the best interests of all concerned; I'd just take a slightly different path if I was in his shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.