It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB1 said:
The window hasn't shut yet so we can barely begin to judge it objectively; in fact at what point can you a definitive assessment, the end of the year, the end of the season? You may not see the full impact of the transfer activity until well after the window closes. However, and I've not watched much of him yet, Hazard is showing all the signs of having a big season. I do agree with the principle of not paying stupid amounts of money to agents but it that a mis-placed principle if you harm yourself in the process of applying it? Did City simply misjudge Hazard's worth or will PL defences start to get a grip of him?

I think we have more questions than answers at the moment but I always thought that this should have been the last window where we really spent big on a few players in order to put us undisputedly out in front and we show no sign of doing that. If FFPR is the reason, I'd be disappointed: although I understand why City might want to pay lip service to UEFA's scandalous attempts to neuter us, I'd call their bluff. If Mansour has decided now is the time to make a concerted effort to move towards a self-sufficient business, I'd say that's his prerogative: I do believe that is ultimately in the best interests of all concerned; I'd just take a slightly different path if I was in his shoes.

also becouse we have some world class players at City who were sold the "world dominance project" . they came to win. they want win the big prizes. they'll hardly be happy and stay here if plans are changed

OB1 said:
The window hasn't shut yet so we can barely begin to judge it objectively; in fact at what point can you a definitive assessment, the end of the year, the end of the season? You may not see the full impact of the transfer activity until well after the window closes. However, and I've not watched much of him yet, Hazard is showing all the signs of having a big season. I do agree with the principle of not paying stupid amounts of money to agents but it that a mis-placed principle if you harm yourself in the process of applying it? Did City simply misjudge Hazard's worth or will PL defences start to get a grip of him?

I think we have more questions than answers at the moment but I always thought that this should have been the last window where we really spent big on a few players in order to put us undisputedly out in front and we show no sign of doing that. If FFPR is the reason, I'd be disappointed: although I understand why City might want to pay lip service to UEFA's scandalous attempts to neuter us, I'd call their bluff. If Mansour has decided now is the time to make a concerted effort to move towards a self-sufficient business, I'd say that's his prerogative: I do believe that is ultimately in the best interests of all concerned; I'd just take a slightly different path if I was in his shoes.

I think thats what happen exactly, and on the other hand, thanks for Roman for meeting Hazard personally and taking him from United.

Gives up on transfer forum thread, no one knows fuck all anymore. Become like sticking pins in a map. If all transfer windows are going to be like this in future might have to do some jobs as I am supposed to do for HID. :-(

Rammyblues said:
Gives up on transfer forum thread, no one knows fuck all anymore. Become like sticking pins in a map. If all transfer windows are going to be like this in future might have to do some jobs as I am supposed to do for HID. :-(

LOL Just think how fantastic your garden will look next summer ! Every cloud and all that

neoblue said:
Can I start flapping yet?

yes on the flapping thread

funny-gif-turtle-flapping-wings.gif

Good to be back guys!!

Just a little bit of info i got of my next door neighbour who just happens to be alex stepney.He still stays in contact with brian kidd and i always let on to him to find out if knows of any goings on at my beloved club lol.

Victor wanyama is someone we could make a late move for in this window if certain other targets dont come off.He is looked at as a long term replacement for kolo toure.

Rammyblues said:

So that's why you are always lurking in here.

Excuse me while I go back to cutting the hedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.