It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been convinced summer was the main objective for us, Pep is happy with what he currently has.

But we have waived through the Torres deal at a decent pace and I'm not sure City want a six-month circus dance for Mino to deliver.

I'm still leaning towards no striker business next month but there is chatter at City that Torres moving out might see us make a move and I don't see Haaland happening in January.

In a Covid environment it would be pretty stupid to do the Torres deal now if we weren’t going to bring a striker in?! Barca would have waited until the summer if they were that desperate?

Dont know much about Vlahovic, his numbers look great for sure, but its also true some attackers from Serie A burned themselves over here.
The hype around Jovetic, like how great he is, how technical he is, he ended up at Hertha Berlin with all that talent and he never seemed to get going at City same as Bony btw.

how close Vlahovic is to Kane in terms of style, creating chances, dropping deep etc? Because Kane is the striker Pep really wanted for a reason.

If they ask 70m pound for him we wont buy him, but if he had a 70m release clause that would change everything for Txiki :)
He is not that different from Kane. Clinical in the box, quite big (at least for a striker). Seems to be a lot more vocal and energetic in his body language compared to Kane.Would say that he has perhaps not shown the the same level of creativity to create chances (even though I would say Kanes "creating" is a bit overrated, he basically drops deep and bang long balls to Son). But he does drop deep, more like a target man, giving his teammates time to advance forward. In general I would not expect that many assists from him, but that could of course look different if he would be playing under Pep!

In a Covid environment it would be pretty stupid to do the Torres deal now if we weren’t going to bring a striker in?! Barca would have waited until the summer if they were that desperate?

Don't think mutually exclusive.

Barca are desperate out of necessity, they need to make Champs League this season and also appease their fans.

Torres was tapped up, Barca chanced their arm, although I do agree City didn't need to be so amiable and could have waited until the summer to deal.

Could not agree more. Makes absolutely no sense to sell him in January if we are going to wait 6 months with buying a replacement, especially not with covid still around. We have already let Agüero leave without replacing him, and now we would let Torres leave without replacing him as well? Would be absolute madness in my opinion. In fact, it would be so mad, it cant be true. Surely we must be close to getting something done, the question is who!

Could not agree more. Makes absolutely no sense to sell him in January if we are going to wait 6 months with buying a replacement, especially not with covid still around. We have already let Agüero leave without replacing him, and now we would let Torres leave without replacing him as well? Would be absolute madness in my opinion. In fact, it would be so mad, it cant be true. Surely we must be close to getting something done, the question is who!

Well tolmie mentions we could do vhalovic in a heartbeat so I would assume we try for Haaland first and if that’s looking difficult for January or the summer do vhalovic ASAP in January?

Some thing has been afoot over the last 2 weeks. Riola, and Dortmund have been stirring it up big time in the media. If Haaland wasn’t available until the summer, then why all this noise now?
Raiola is stirring it up because everyone is busy talking about covid and giving a shit about the world pandemic but being the greedy bastard he is, he wants to turn the narrative and get people talking about his client again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.