It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was already a crock when we decided to pay 52mil for him(the most expensive fullback of all time at the time?)
He was one dimensional, couldn't defend, didn't know how to use his size. All he had in his locker was a good cross.

Mangala bullied a prime Diego Costa off the park on his debut. Means nothing in the grand scheme of him being shite. Same with Mendy
His crossing was immense though, along with his galloping up and down.

His movement deteriorated after his injuries. We’ll never know if he could have adapted without them.

As you say though, draw a line and move on.

A few of the lamer websites have been linking us with Jarrod Bowen, seemingly based in nothing more than an MEN article pointing out that apparently he is statistically quite similar to Torres.
And Sam Lee claiming in the Athletic that we have knocked back an approach from Newcastle for Cole Palmer

I do personally think it’s risky to not go for a striker with Torres seemingly leaving and Mahrez potentially gone for January? The cash was there for Kane allegedly and we will be banking an initial £47m ish next month for Torres? I get that the club will be looking at Haaland but surely we are the best placed to offer over the summer release clause?! I genuinely think Haaland would be delighted to come to us and the premier league and although Dortmund hate us the new Covid restrictions in Germany etc will affect revenues and don’t see how they could turn down another €20-25m above what they will receive in the summer?
Dortmund might want to shift Haaland in Jan to get the extra money, you're right. But Haaland won't necessarily benefit from that (other than winning a few trophies, perhaps).

The perfect world for Haaland and his agent(s) is to wait until the summer when the release clause will be met by City, Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, Liverpool and United. Then he will make them all bid against each other for the highest signing on fee and wages (that will end up in his back pocket, not Dortmund's).

He has two choices, leave in Jan and win the Premier League and maybe a Champions League with City. Or wait until the summer and earn an extra £30m to £50m (maybe even more) singing on fee. If I were him I'd wait.

It's like Mbappe. If he lets his contract run out, He'll probably get a 100m+ signing on fee when he joins Real Madrid. Why wouldn't you do that? It's a short career and the money involved is stratospheric.

So per the Tolmie school of thought, if we aren’t signing a striker in January as Pep claims, we’ve received assurances over Haaland’s intentions for summer? @tolmie's hairdoo is this how you understand it?

Dortmund might want to shift Haaland in Jan to get the extra money, you're right. But Haaland won't necessarily benefit from that (other than winning a few trophies, perhaps).

The perfect world for Haaland and his agent(s) is to wait until the summer when the release clause will be met by City, Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, Liverpool and United. Then he will make them all bid against each other for the highest signing on fee and wages (that will end up in his back pocket, not Dortmund's).

He has two choices, leave in Jan and win the Premier League and maybe a Champions League with City. Or wait until the summer and earn an extra £30m to £50m (maybe even more) singing on fee. If I were him I'd wait.

It's like Mbappe. If he lets his contract run out, He'll probably get a 100m+ signing on fee when he joins Real Madrid. Why wouldn't you do that? It's a short career and the money involved is stratospheric.
Risky business. Could snap his ankle or get done like his dad did, Game over. No club will touch him if that happens.

Ifmthe opportunity is there for him to City in January and he turns us down, waiting till the summer is just being a greedy bastard and I don’t want him anywhere near us.

Risky business. Could snap his ankle or get done like his dad did, Game over. No club will touch him if that happens.

Ifmthe opportunity is there for him to City in January and he turns us down, waiting till the summer is just being a greedy bastard and I don’t want him anywhere near us.
I’m not sure Dortmund themselves would come to the table.

Cant see Adeyemi moving in Jan with Salzburg still in the CL.
No idea if he leaves or not, but would surprise me if them still being in CL would be a deciding factor since they have basically no chance of winning it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.