It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has used one, and would / will again. The question is would Ten Hag or anyone else we may get understand how to work without one if the need arises. I guess they would especially with a squad that has already done it many times and understands it.
I asked this earlier somewhere. How many number 9s has Pep bought in his entire managerial career?

Jesus, who has converted into a wide forward.
None at Bayern.
Cant remember any at Barca. Villa maybe?

He obviously had amazing forwards/strikers already at the clubs though.

I‘m sure whoever ultimately replaces Pep will be backed in the transfer market.

I do personally think it’s risky to not go for a striker with Torres seemingly leaving and Mahrez potentially gone for January? The cash was there for Kane allegedly and we will be banking an initial £47m ish next month for Torres? I get that the club will be looking at Haaland but surely we are the best placed to offer over the summer release clause?! I genuinely think Haaland would be delighted to come to us and the premier league and although Dortmund hate us the new Covid restrictions in Germany etc will affect revenues and don’t see how they could turn down another €20-25m above what they will receive in the summer?

I asked this earlier somewhere. How many number 9s has Pep bought in his entire managerial career?

Jesus, who has converted into a wide forward.
None at Bayern.
Cant remember any at Barca. Villa maybe?

He obviously had amazing forwards/strikers already at the clubs though.

I‘m sure whoever ultimately replaces Pep will be backed in the transfer market.

Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski and Alexis Sanchez.

I do personally think it’s risky to not go for a striker with Torres seemingly leaving and Mahrez potentially gone for January? The cash was there for Kane allegedly and we will be banking an initial £47m ish next month for Torres? I get that the club will be looking at Haaland but surely we are the best placed to offer over the summer release clause?! I genuinely think Haaland would be delighted to come to us and the premier league and although Dortmund hate us the new Covid restrictions in Germany etc will affect revenues and don’t see how they could turn down another €20-25m above what they will receive in the summer?
Mahrez?

Sure, but he was amazing when we bought him. 2 bad knee injuries ruined his career here.

Well, amongst other things…

He was already a crock when we decided to pay 52mil for him(the most expensive fullback of all time at the time?)
He was one dimensional, couldn't defend, didn't know how to use his size. All he had in his locker was a good cross.

Mangala bullied a prime Diego Costa off the park on his debut. Means nothing in the grand scheme of him being shite. Same with Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.