It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

City had a squad of 19 players over the age of 21 discounting Torres and Mendy. PL rules allow up to 25. There is no limit on players aged 21 and under and that's where the rest of the 26 came from.
Yh, I know where it came from we used 11 u21-players, Liverpool 10. Chelsea 4.

Quantity is a good measure. We had 18 players with 1000+ minutes, Liverpool had 20. Chelsea 22.

I think Alvarez is Jesus' replacement. I know that he was signed to replace Ferran Torres, but Torres was really only ever a bit part player. If Sterling leaves then it is absolutely critical to replace him. I cannot fathom how anyone can think that we should go into next season with fewer attacking options than last season. Not to mention the fact that Sterling was really the only player offering us pace on the counter. Pep used him effectively for this purpose several times last season. We should get upwards of £50m and, with his substantial wages off the books, there should be plenty of financial wiggle room.

Callum Doyle isn't ready because he's literally got a season at League one level under his belt. He's never even trained with the first side for a sustained period of time so I can't see how he's possibly ready.
So what would you do? Sign a player for £50m to play mayne 10 games, if they're lucky? How many decent cbs are gonna come to city to sit and wait for laporte and dias to be injured to get a game? Then we let mbete & callum go and in 5 years go spend a fortune on 2 or 4 cbs because all our elite youth leave because some fans want a £50m player to play 10 games or so, just incase.

We are allowed 21 senior players plus Foden Palmer Mcatee and any other academy player. If we don't replace Sterling we'll be going with 20 and thinking that Palmer Mcatee can cover us. Not very different to going with 21and using those players. I don't know which we would do but if the manager thinks we can use Palmer and Mcatee to cover that's fine. In the scheme of things I doubt 1 player will decide whether we compete in the cups or don't.

I can probably to an extent agree with that logic when it comes to Jesus. I can't on Sterling. Because of his quality, and whatbhe contributes, rather than just being a body/number replaced by another body/number.

Callum Doyle isn't ready because he's literally got a season at League one level under his belt. He's never even trained with the first side for a sustained period of time so I can't see how he's possibly ready.
Dolye would be at least 3rd/4th choice from the EDS options right now if the club HAD to pick one.

THB, Mbete & Egan-Riley would all be ahead.

So what would you do? Sign a player for £50m to play mayne 10 games, if they're lucky? How many decent cbs are gonna come to city to sit and wait for laporte and dias to be injured to get a game? Then we let mbete & callum go and in 5 years go spend a fortune on 2 or 4 cbs because all our elite youth leave because some fans want a £50m player to play 10 games or so, just incase.

Yep, pretty much. And win a few trophies while at it. That's why we have won what we have, because we have quality players in all positions.

There is no such thing as 4th choice CB btw. It is 4 for 2 positions, which means every one is at worst a 2nd choice at any given point.

I can probably to an extent agree with that logic when it comes to Jesus. I can't on Sterling. Because of his quality, and whatbhe contributes, rather than just being a body/number replaced by another body/number.
I would like to see Sterling replaced myself, purely for his quality but if we didn't I don't think it impacts us greatly number wise when it comes to putting out strong teams in the 2 domestic cups.

No way Arteta gets a look in at Arsenal if he wasn't under Pep. Being an ex player, would be nowhere near enough.
Only pep on his cv got him that gig.
If stan fucking collymore worked under pep for 3 years he would, eventually, be courted by other top level teams.
The magic "Pep shine" can polish up any old pile of shite to be employed into a big seat via reflected glory.
couldn't agree more, look at tall the ex united players who were/are managers , because they worked under ferguson

For what it’s worth when I was in London earlier this year I went to watch AFC Wimbledon v Sunderland and Callum Doyle was playing. Suffice to say he didn’t look that good to be fair. I would have expected him to stand out at that level (League 1) but he was quite ordinary. Saying that it was only one game so might have had an off day.

I would like to see Sterling replaced myself, purely for his quality but if we didn't I don't think it impacts us greatly number wise when it comes to putting out strong teams in the 2 domestic cups.

I think it does. Significantly. And I don't expect it will happen, myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.