It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Plus it was rumoured he upset someone he shouldn't of by sleeping with his other half , shit his pants & wanted out of the club asap

Thought that was Negredo?

That's the story people like to tell about Negredo because it sounds exciting.

The version I heard - the far more believable one - is that he got fucked over for a lot of money by someone working on one of his properties in Manchester around the same time that he dislocated his shoulder.

something doesn't fill me with too much confidence on the Phillips signing, I guess its because he seems to be replacing the outgoing Fernandinho which is pretty obvious he's nowhere near the standard of him in his prime. I know we have Rodri who's the direct replacement but I dont think Phillips is even anywhere near that standard. I hope im wrong on this and he elevates his game 10 fold otherwise he's just gonna be a squad player on the fringes. I trust the clubs signings as we've been an absolute beast in the transfer market over the last 7 years but doesn't feel right Fernandinho leaving and Phillips coming in. Fernandinho will go down for me as the greatest ever box to box/defensive midfielder to ever play the game?

something doesn't fill me with too much confidence on the Phillips signing, I guess its because he seems to be replacing the outgoing Fernandinho which is pretty obvious he's nowhere near the standard of him in his prime. I know we have Rodri who's the direct replacement but I dont think Phillips is even anywhere near that standard. I hope im wrong on this and he elevates his game 10 fold otherwise he's just gonna be a squad player on the fringes. I trust the clubs signings as we've been an absolute beast in the transfer market over the last 7 years but doesn't feel right Fernandinho leaving and Phillips coming in. Fernandinho will go down for me as the greatest ever box to box/defensive midfielder to ever play the game?

Fernandinho was brilliant. I remember in 2018/19 against the dippers at home, he was 50/50 to play and I went from panicking to being confident as soon as I saw him in the line up. He was fantastic.

Now, though, we have Rodri who is top 3 in the world in his position IMO and only going to get better. We’re not going to sign somebody who is on par with prime Fernandinho because it’s 1. not really fair for them to play back up and 2. they won’t be happy playing back up anyway.

All fair points, but the Fernandinho of last season was far from a peak Fernandinho. His legs had gone and in some games he was a bit of a liability sadly. Kalvin Phillips will replace last seasons playing version of Fernandinho no problem and will give us much needed legs and energy in midfield. He is a very viable option to rotate with Rodri and play alongside him too and that's what we need. I doubt he's the type of player that would rock the boat either if he didnt play every gane. I also think Phillips has got improvement in him too and we'll see that over the next few years should he sign.

What we can't replace with Fernandinho is his leadership skills. That aura around the dressing room will be missed and its where other players will need to step up just like when Kompany left the void in the dressing room.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.