It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

So that would be
Phillips for Fernandinho
Alvarez for Jesus
Haaland for sterling
Cucurella for zinchenko (maybe)

I still feel like we need a big forward signing, but looking at it we have the same numbers as last year but vastly improved
Surely Haaland replaces Sergio ?? And do not forget we sold Torres too, although one could argue that Torres was a temporary replacement for Sergio. So that would be Sergio Torres Jesus Sterling gone with Haaland and Alvarez coming in. I feel we will be a player short up front unless Palmer steps up. Even so, I suspect we are a player short. Given the Torres sale and money for Sterling/Jesus/Bazunu we are in a cost neutral situation if we buy Cucurella and Phillips on top of Haaland/Alvarez.Financially I would imagine the resources must be there for another player if Pep feels one is needed that is.

Surely Haaland replaces Sergio ?? And do not forget we sold Torres too, although one could argue that Torres was a temporary replacement for Sergio. So that would be Sergio Torres Jesus Sterling gone with Haaland and Alvarez coming in. I feel we will be a player short up front unless Palmer steps up. Even so, I suspect we are a player short. Given the Torres sale and money for Sterling/Jesus/Bazunu we are in a cost neutral situation if we buy Cucurella and Phillips on top of Haaland/Alvarez.Financially I would imagine the resources must be there for another player if Pep feels one is needed that is.

I don't think we are a player short:

Foden/Grealish Haaland/Alvarez Mahrez/Palmer

I imagine we'll sign a RW once Mahrez goes next summer.

The Bernie situation in 2020/21 rumbled on into the season and it affected his game time (see the stats/my previous post) probably because his head was somewhere else….to the clubs credit we’re trying to get our business done early as we are well aware carrying several players through the summer who may want to leave will affect all sorts of things. I believe we are looking to hit the ground running next season (after a few slow starts) and the World Cup will be a factor splitting the season in two, you have a situation where players who are looking to move on that don’t get fixed up will be looking to January & beyond, that’s after the rumours have rumbled on all summer and into September. You’re talking about over 6 months of disturbances in a unique situation, not to mention the wages. Pep will want things resolved one way or another and if Raz states he’s gonna run down the last year & leave his playing time will be reduced, but he’ll probably‘remain’ in negotiations & hope his playing time isn’t affected, it’s what players are advised to do. I’m far from a Raz basher, you won’t find one negative from me on here about him, not even match threads! I want him to sign an extension & play out his best days here
But you keep saying Raz will get less game time if he decides to run down his contract, so where is the incentive for him to sign a new contract, when lack of game time is one of the major reasons he is considering his options.
If Chelsea are only offering £35m, there's no way that City will let him go. Turned down £9m from Garcia because the add ons were almost impossible to reach.
Pep didn't stop playing Garcia & Sane when it was obvious they weren't signing a new contract.
Raz is almost guaranteed to go to the world cup so what happens if he England's best player, comes back in November then in January can talk to European clubs, Barca will be licking their lips

No chance Phillips would be happy to arrive as a back up player. If he's coming I think the system is changing.

Not necessarily directed at you but people are acting like we're signing a wildcard who will be happy with cup games. He's a 26 year old full England international, in his prime and a world cup year. He's coming to start.
Won't he be similar to Ake Zinchenko & Delph when he was here. knowing he's not a guaranteed starter but if he plays well in training & takes his chances when he gets them, Pep won't treat him as a back up player

If Pep was considering a system change to have two holding midfielders we'd be looking at buying two holding midfielders. We couldn't go into the season with just Rodri and Phillips for those spots. Unless you think Silva will play there as well and then Phillips would STILL be a backup.
We’d have four that can play there effectively. Don’t forget Bernie’s deeper role later in the season, and my money would be on a Cancelo conversion in the same way Pep converted Kimmich.

Won't he be similar to Ake Zinchenko & Delph when he was here. knowing he's not a guaranteed starter but if he plays well in training & takes his chances when he gets them, Pep won't treat him as a back up player
Fair point mate. For me, Ake probably but he's had injuries, zinchenko was initially bought to flip for profit like Harrison and Delph is also a fair point but I'd counter that he wasn't £50m and starting for England in a world cup year.

I just can't see a transfer this high profile, potentially complicated happening of the player isn't being courted as a "starter"

FVynr0iXwAY_-Zp

FVnWGT7XwAIs1Pu

SPORT-PREVIEW-MAHREZ-HAALAND.jpg

Yes, Jude Bellingham we'll sign you lad hahaha.

I don't think we are a player short:

Foden/Grealish Haaland/Alvarez Mahrez/Palmer

I imagine we'll sign a RW once Mahrez goes next summer.
We aren't if you include Palmer, It will be ultimately up to Pep if he thinks Palmer is ready to be included or he needs another body. So whatever he thinks is okay with me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.