It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

100%. It would be great business to secure James but considering their defensive issues it's very unlikely. Us throwing Ake into the deal is more of a realistic transfer.

We'll probably end up getting Werner instead. I still think there's a player in there somewhere. Not the first to struggle for goals at Chelsea - see Crespo, Torres, Falcao, Shevchenko, Lukaku for more details. Replacing Sterling for Werner would give us someone to complain about as well if he does still miss sitters and be offside 10 times a game. For the sake

I love this idea. Straight swap Raz for Werner a player with a good attitude work rate can play on wing or striker and will improve under pep I'm all for it
and no goal threat, might as well keep Jesus

We have asked about Reece James.

Ake and Raheem would be £110m.

They didn't really want to pay that, so we have proposed a solution.

It would mean James and £40m coming to us.

Thoughts?

I think we are very short at right-back and it would be a phenomenal deal?
This would be sensational, James is a superb player.

James might be a priority. He's no Walker when it comes to pace and physicality but he's a hell of a crosser.

Take him instead of Cucarella would seem to mean Cancelo prob would be almost wholly used a left back. No urgency for Cucarella. With Walker more available at CB, Ake would indeed kind of look disposable.

I dunno.

What of Zin then? I imagine we might have looked hard at Tierney but I think he's staying.

I still think we'd be a bit out there without another winger/forward to replace Sterling. We never replaced Aguero, but people talk like Haaland replaces Jesus. Sure, the new kid looks good. But I imagine there's a thought for someone else.

but cancelo is an awful right back and not much better defending on the left, he would actually be better as wing-back or left mid then at least he doesn't have to pretend to know what he is doing at the back

He was selected as the best LB in the League & CL

Pep trusted him and no player played more minutes than him except Ederson

His goal contribution ( Goals + assists ) better than Grealish

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167/Show/England-Manchester-City

James did rcb for chelsea a fair few times and can do a good job in rcm too. Incredibly versatile and a perfect pep full back option. Id be shocked if chelsea let him leave but you never know what may happen with the new owner. By all accounts all football brains left the building and hes running everything himself this summer. James could slip through

I don't like the idea of a window where we lose 4 players to be honest.
The last few games of last season we nearly ran out of players literally and it nearly cost us the title.
Seems we are not learning from it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.