It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Sterling if stayed be gone next year for free and yeah Ake looked the player but he is 4th choice! If the deal does happen(doubt it) we get a home grown 22 year old one the best English right backs in the premier! Think we would just edge that deal to be honest…

The way I see it, and it is all hypothetical anyway, we would be adding depth to a position we have showed no interest in strengthening, currently. Where we already have two of the league's top RBs in walker and cancelo. We wouldn't be able to replace even Ake never mind ake and Raz for the 40m. 120m for both on the other hand is decent money for replacements that would be needed.
Would rather see us take the money. Or, James but with more money our way ad part of the deal, say 55m+

100%. It would be great business to secure James but considering their defensive issues it's very unlikely. Us throwing Ake into the deal is more of a realistic transfer.

We'll probably end up getting Werner instead. I still think there's a player in there somewhere. Not the first to struggle for goals at Chelsea - see Crespo, Torres, Falcao, Shevchenko, Lukaku for more details. Replacing Sterling for Werner would give us someone to complain about as well if he does still miss sitters and be offside 10 times a game. For the sake of bluemoon make it happen.

Are you mad? Werner would be a huge downgrade on Sterling, and that's coming from someone who passionately dislike the latter. Would rather just keep him, if that was the case.

We'd still have just 3 CB's for the season and Stones is injury prone. Means playing the same 2 CB's every 3 days at some point.

I hope Zinchenko stays as we'd be light for options at LB too if Ake goes.

Signing James would surely see Walker be a part time CB?

Neither is going to be happy sharing the RB slot exclusively.

We have asked about Reece James.

Ake and Raheem would be £110m.

They didn't really want to pay that, so we have proposed a solution.

It would mean James and £40m coming to us.

Thoughts?

I think we are very short at right-back and it would be a phenomenal deal?

I think he's the closest match for Walker in terms of style and ability, so would be great longterm if possible. Would be surprised if we were able to get him though

If we lost 4 players without replacing them then yes. We haven't though so thats bollocks.

We need to more than replace them though.

We need an extra 2-3 players to compete in all 4 comps, like we did in 18/19 (20 outfield players vs 17 in 21/22)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.