It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

100%. It would be great business to secure James but considering their defensive issues it's very unlikely. Us throwing Ake into the deal is more of a realistic transfer.

We'll probably end up getting Werner instead. I still think there's a player in there somewhere. Not the first to struggle for goals at Chelsea - see Crespo, Torres, Falcao, Shevchenko, Lukaku for more details. Replacing Sterling for Werner would give us someone to complain about as well if he does still miss sitters and be offside 10 times a game. For the sake of bluemoon make it happen.
I think there’s a player in Werner as well, watched him a fair bit last season, but it will probably emerge when he’s back in the Bundesliga playing against weaker opposition.

He is intriguing though - loads of pace and direct, and if he could be really useful for us running at people in the box and causing a bit of mayhem.

Also, it’s completely unrealistic to think that we’re going to turn into a really clinical team next season, scoring every chance that comes up, and we’ll need someone who can miss 10-15 easy chances a season if Jesus and Sterling both go.

I wouldn’t even consider selling Ake unless an offer well over £75m arrived and he wanted to leave. He’s going to be one of the best defenders in the world. Has absolutely everything necessary. He started to show what he’s capable of this season and he’s only going to improve.

James is a good fullback, but he’s not worth anything close to the value of Ake and Sterling. I wouldn’t even straight swap him for Ake. If we can get £50m for Sterling then that would be fair with one year left on his contract. We should have more than enough financial wiggle room to be able to sign a decent replacement.

I think there’s a player in Werner as well, watched him a fair bit last season, but it will probably emerge when he’s back in the Bundesliga playing against weaker opposition.

He is intriguing though - loads of pace and direct, and if he could be really useful for us running at people in the box and causing a bit of mayhem.

Also, it’s completely unrealistic to think that we’re going to turn into a really clinical team next season, scoring every chance that comes up, and we’ll need someone who can miss 10-15 easy chances a season if Jesus and Sterling both go.
I’m surprised Werner flopped here and I do wonder if Pep could sort him out.

Pep tried to persuade him to come here before he went to Chelsea.

Last edited:
We have asked about Reece James.

Ake and Raheem would be £110m.

They didn't really want to pay that, so we have proposed a solution.

It would mean James and £40m coming to us.

Thoughts?

I think we are very short at right-back and it would be a phenomenal deal?
That would be a shite deal. Reece James worth £70m?

You're having a laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.