It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Quick! sign 10 more players!!!
There is a balance - if Ake and Sterling go, then without including youth players we would be left with 6 defenders, 5 midfielders and 6 attacking players - that’s not enough for a 60 game season. Therefore I presume the club will be looking to bring in another 2-3 players before the season starts.

Really?
Despite signing Haaland it feels like we have weakened our squad with all the departures and selling 2 players by the looks if it to a title rival.
I'm disappointed to be honest.
We signed the best young striker in the world.

We signed South Americas best young attacking player.

We signed a proven 26 yr old English international midfielder to replace an ageing Fernandinho.

There is still plenty of time in the transfer window.

How can you be disappointed?

Really?
Despite signing Haaland it feels like we have weakened our squad with all the departures and selling 2 players by the looks if it to a title rival.
I'm disappointed to be honest.

You can’t possibly be serious. This could end up being one of the clubs best transfer windows ever.

And you should listen more to the people who knows what they are doing. Khaldoon said we would strengthen certain positions in the team this summer which is exactly what we have done.

I think that Sterling’s replacement (and I say replacement because we are likely replacing one winger with another) in Alvarez was made already six months ago. I think the plan for Sterling was clear back then. ’Stay if you want but you will get competition’. Sterling hasn’t done anything in recent years to cement a place in the starting eleven. In my opinion only in 17/18 season. I’ve never been a big fan of his and I’m glad he’s leaving because I honestly feel it will strenghten us even more. His value has become inflated because of the world class players around him. Alvarez is the most promising attacking player in South America. He could be huge for us.

And we’ve signed Haaland, hands down the best young striker in the world. Clearly an upgrade on Jesus.

Replaced legend Ferna with Phillips, a fantastic player. And Ortega to replace Steffen who’s been one of the best keepers in Bundesliga. He probably won’t make it easy for Ederson to keep his spot.

And finally the best leftback in the prem alongside Robertson could be on his way; Cucurella, who would fit our system perfectly and make a big difference both in defence and attack.

Like, what’s not to like? You can’t be serious.

If we're losing Ake, we're going to be three players short of having two in each position and that's including Cole Palmer, who has barely played any senior football.

People can jiggle things around and say "this player can cover that position" as much as they want but I fail to see how anyone can claim that is optimal.

There's ages to go in the window and I'm pretty sure we'll make Cucurella happen eventually. Until then, there will be pretty obvious holes in the squad.

I’m happy with this window we have brought in Haaland - who I think will be amazing! We have finally signed a striker.

Alvarez - looks a huge bargain - great prospect , have high hopes for him

Philips - great backup for Rodri , good replacement for Fernandinho , premier league proven , good fee

Cucurella ?- Looks to give us an orthodox left-back option.

You can’t possibly be serious. This could end up being one of the clubs best transfer windows ever.

And you should listen more to the people who knows what they are doing. Khaldoon said we would strengthen certain positions in the team this summer which is exactly what we have done.

I think that Sterling’s replacement (and I say replacement because we are likely replacing one winger with another) in Alvarez was made already six months ago. I think the plan for Sterling was clear back then. ’Stay if you want but you will get competition’. Sterling hasn’t done anything in recent years to cement a place in the starting eleven. In my opinion only in 17/18 season. I’ve never been a big fan of his and I’m glad he’s leaving because I honestly feel it will strenghten us even more. His value has become inflated because of the world class players around him. Alvarez is the most promising attacking player in South America. He could be huge for us.

And we’ve signed Haaland, hands down the best young striker in the world. Clearly an upgrade on Jesus.

Replaced legend Ferna with Phillips, a fantastic player. And Ortega to replace Steffen who’s been one of the best keepers in Bundesliga. He probably won’t make it easy for Ederson to keep his spot.

And finally the best leftback in the prem alongside Robertson could be on his way; Cucurella, who would fit our system perfectly and make a big difference both in defence and attack.

Like, what’s not to like? You can’t be serious.
Totally agree
Good post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.