It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Speed is massively important in a football team. The lower leagues are full of good ball players who aren’t fast enough. We don’t need any Lee Trundells.
So all we got to do is play walker on the wing?? I will give u 2 prime example of rapid forwards who are shit because all they have is pace and no skill or composure. ASM at Newcastle and traore the wolves winger.

And despite not being ideal we still carried on winning, it's almost as if the club actually know what they're doing.

I don't get why some of you feel the need to do this. Nobody is saying the club doesn't know what they're doing, for fuck's sake.

There's literally no reason to get defensive.

Did we want to sign an Aguero replacement last season or not?

Did we want to sign Jorginho a year before we signed Rodri or not?

Did we want to sign Harry Maguire a year before Ruben Dias or not?

We walked away from those deals because we didn't consider them financially viable at the time. We still wanted players in those positions a year before we got them.

The season we didn't replace Kompany, we lost the title in no small part due to Laporte getting injured.

The season we didn't sign a Fernandinho backup, we got lucky that he was available for pretty much every game.

Last season we didn't replace Aguero, still won the league but got chucked right out of the Champions League again because we didn't have a clinical finisher.

If you want to pretend that it's not been the club's intention to fill the necessary positions in the squad a lot earlier than they have, be my guest.

I'm not attacking them for failing to do so, I'm saying that this summer is the perfect opportunity to plug those gaps without putting it off for another season.

No we haven't and this summer is when we've got the funds and opportunity to put that right.

If you're telling me that having Zinchenko and an alleged rapist (who was practically a non-entity even before he was facing charges) at left back has been ideal or that not replacing Kompany for a year, not replacing Aguero for a year and not having a backup to Fernandinho for a year were all smart ideas then I doubt we're going to agree.

I can accept that the reality is that we might not have had the funds at those times and had to prioritise other positions but we certainly do have the funds now.

If we're not bothered about four centre backs why is that currently what we have? If we're not bothered about having two available left backs then why are we going after Cucurella?

With the exception of centre mid, it's pretty obvious that we do want two players per position.
If we had replaced Aguero a year ago we’d likely not have Haaland. Just saying

If we're losing Ake, we're going to be three players short of having two in each position and that's including Cole Palmer, who has barely played any senior football.

People can jiggle things around and say "this player can cover that position" as much as they want but I fail to see how anyone can claim that is optimal.

There's ages to go in the window and I'm pretty sure we'll make Cucurella happen eventually. Until then, there will be pretty obvious holes in the squad.
Worrying times…

But Ake only goes if we have a replacement lined up. So it’s not actually worth worrying about.

Also Cucurella will happen as you say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.