It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

They need to give Palmer much more game time this year, the guy is 20 he isn't a kid anymore in football terms. Foden for example played 50 games in the season he was 20. If they got another attacker in he would be lucky to make 15 appearance with Alvarez coming in aswel, it just isnt enough.
I played him last night at Stockport 5 a side lol. Hes pretty good.... Although I hope he won't be playing it much during the season.

Wonder why he didn’t get hardly any game time last season?
People are wanting another player in because Sterling is leaving. He needs to trust in Palmer this season, not go buy someone else. Yes, he was injured you can kid yourself to think he would of played more than 8-10 games more if he wasnt. Looking at the amount of mins Jesus, Sterling, Grealish and Mahrez shared. I think he would of been lucky to even get 8-10 more games.

People are wanting another player in because Sterling is leaving. He needs to trust in Palmer this season, not go buy someone else. Yes, he was injured you can kid yourself to think he would of played more than 8-10 games more if he wasnt. Looking at the amount of mins Jesus, Sterling, Grealish and Mahrez shared. I think he would of been lucky to even get 8-10 more games.

He would of been involved in 30+ games if fit! He was out most of the season so your original post saying he should played more was a bit disingenuous..

We will see he hasnt yet no, I just dont see a need to bring another player in.
Do you think some of these kids who we have just been sold for good prices could of filled the gaps this season, if they were trusted or given a chance or were we right to sell them?

Why would that not make sense?
We’re either choosing not to spend more than we earn or we cant. If it is choice then hopefully that is because future targets are being lined up for next summer rather than not seeing value.

No one wants a return to sinclair rodwell days of buying because we think we have to but equally id expect them to have genuine high quality targets to persue at every window. However this window feels like a 1 in 1 out policy from an already thin starting position.

Do you think some of these kids who we have just been sold for good prices could of filled the gaps this season, if they were trusted or given a chance or were we right to sell them?
I think the only one I have a ? over was maybe Bazuna if he was willing to be 2nd choice, but he is a brillant price for what he has achieved so far in his career. Non of the others looked ready for City so the club did brillant in the market with them.

I think Palmer is at an age where he needs to be playing regular, lets say he played the 30 games last year like the above comment says. That would of been great, even if I am supicious about if he really would have. I just think if you add an extra attacker with Haaland and Alvarez would he crack on? Obviously we dont know until were in the season, we will have to wait and see i personally dont see a need for another attacker.

We’re either choosing not to spend more than we earn or we cant. If it is choice then hopefully that is because future targets are being lined up for next summer rather than not seeing value.

No one wants a return to sinclair rodwell days of buying because we think we have to but equally id expect them to have genuine high quality targets to persue at every window. However this window feels like a 1 in 1 out policy from an already thin starting position.

I get that. I just didn't get why it would make no sense to make or want to make a net profit.

So all we got to do is play walker on the wing?? I will give u 2 prime example of rapid forwards who are shit because all they have is pace and no skill or composure. ASM at Newcastle and traore the wolves winger.
I said speed is massively important, not the be all and end all..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.