It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

So young? He is 20. Not 17, not 18, 20.

That is the age for significant minutes in a side, even a top one, for someone that is meant to be a huge talent. Sane at that age already had a big move and was playing relatively regularly, as was Sterling, and Walcott and other similar players. He's hardly the kid he is made out to be. Talented, sure. Ready to have a meaningful role with us, I really struggle to see it.

players develop at different ages, it’s was a real shame he got that serious injury last season because he would of played a lot of minutes!

Am looking forward to seeing him play this season and am sure he will contribute to the team with goals and assists..

How they got away with:
’and I give the dog a bone’ still makes me piss my sides to this day - and I remember it first time round on pink vinyl.
My favourite ever band.

Still got the pink vinyl, Difford is such a clever lyricist, and to think how young he and Glenn were when they wrote this (and so many other wonderful songs). great band live

I sure we all believe when we became adolescent teenagers were the best times, but then as songwriters we had these two as well as Weller, Costello, Strummer and Jones, Dammers.

Wonderful songs, wonderful times

So young? He is 20. Not 17, not 18, 20.

That is the age for significant minutes in a side, even a top one, for someone that is meant to be a huge talent. Sane at that age already had a big move and was playing relatively regularly, as was Sterling, and Walcott and other similar players. He's hardly the kid he is made out to be. Talented, sure. Ready to have a meaningful role with us, I really struggle to see it.

Palmer would have had more minutes but for his injury.

Sterling and Walcott weren't at sides as good as City

How meaningful a role he plays this season will depend on him and Pep, but the last thing we should be doing is brining in an expensive young leftfooted RW.
Palmer is the natural heir to Mahrez, if we are to bring in another RW it ought to be a fast rightfooted player (or Messi...)

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

1 Out

Zinchenko to Arsenal

2 In

Cucurella to CITY
Full Back to CITY

Quite a 24 hours for the forum. One of our ITK’s going full on Neymar sending the board into meltdown for a while. No other reports yet though but one to keep an eye on.

Ake is now staying after Chelsea did not come up with the asking price meaning we aren’t now signing a centre back.

Fairly even split as to if City will start the season with 3 full backs or 4 but most reports suggest Cucurella is a Mendy replacement and Zinchenko will also be replaced if he leaves. No new Cucurella news today.

I’ll post one of these most evenings around this time on this thread

You are welcome.

Last edited:
oh you are not going to be a very liked person with that opinion. But kinda agree I’ve seen on here and online so many fans hyping Palmer up as this world class talent that can replace Sterling and Jesus, even people saying if Mahrez left he could replace him.

Possibly because hes a Manchester lad and people want him to be the next big thing and to have two Manchester city players from Manchester in the starting line up is what every city fan wants.

But honestly I think we are overhyping him because of that, he hasn’t played many at senior level yet to make wide assumptions saying he can replace seasoned pros who have scored loads of goals for us is ludicrous. When there’s no evidence apart from bit part appearances. It’s kinda like how the rags used to overhype their talent. Like there are some fans that are saying he’s better than Pedri and Gavi. When he’s hardly played first team football
When Mahrez leaves then Palmer will 100% replace him (unless Pep plays him in a different position :) ), there's not an inkling of a doubt in my mind over that. The lad is brilliant, that's not hype, that's just fact. As far as I'm aware no one has referred to him as being world class BTW, although the potential is most definitely there.

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

1 Out

Zinchenko to Arsenal

2 In

Cucurella to CITY
Full Back to CITY
Wilson-Esbrand or keeping Kabore around would solve this without massive cost. Keeping Zinny would’ve been the ideal choice but understand his move, but cannot see him starting at Arsenal, Tierney is starting (when fit) and he isn’t starting in midfield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.