It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

For that to happen, we would need to sign 2 players. 3 if Zinchenko leaves.

We will either not sign a second FB and/or another attacking player, and we will go in with a smaller squad with a couple spaces for registered players, or we will sign a couple more and have the same sized squad. It can't both.

As it stands, we are on course to go in with 19 registered players, even once a new LB replaces Zinchenko.

Tell you what, If we do, I would hope we give the spaces to players like Kayky so they get enough to qualify as club trained for the future, rather than sending them out on loan which would prevent that.

Do you think we will start the season with 3 dedicated full backs or 4?

Im not saying it definitely won’t be 3 but to me it’s a risk given that we started last season with 4 and this season is bonkers.

Take it to the bank.

Sorry, take what to the bank?

Surely you of all people know there's a massive difference between Blackburn writing his own sourced article that the club isn't after another forward, and this, which is Blackburn reporting what Pep has said to the press on the tour.

If this turned out to be wrong, it would be Pep bullshitting the press, not Blackburn being wrong.

It makes sense we are probably done after signing a LB unless Zinchenko does a u turn like Ake.

We will be focusing on targets for next summer now, CM & winger you'd think? Also see how the season goes and reflect in Jan if need be.

For that to happen, we would need to sign 2 players. 3 if Zinchenko leaves.

We will either not sign a second FB and/or another attacking player, and we will go in with a smaller squad with a couple spaces for registered players, or we will sign a couple more and have the same sized squad. It can't both.

As it stands, we are on course to go in with 19 registered players, even once a new LB replaces Zinchenko.

Tell you what, If we do, I would hope we give the spaces to players like Kayky so they get enough to qualify as club trained for the future, rather than sending them out on loan which would prevent that.
I make it that if we sign a LB, then we're one down on last year with the assumptions if you put Palmer in place of Torres (which makes sense as he is apparently the reason Pep was happy to let Torres go mid season).

Apart from that, one of the other spots was Mendy. He played one game, and was arrested before the window shut. Wasn't there an assumption the club knew before then?

You also have Phillips in place of Fernandinho. Obviously the latter was a great player, but given his age, and the way he struggled in roles further back last season, I'd say that's a big upgrade.

For me, that puts us up on last year in practice. The big caveat being that we knew how Jesus and Sterling would perform, while Alvarez is a big jump, and even Haaland might initially struggle to adapt to a different way of playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.