It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Both count towards this one, stop being a wido.
Not sure what a wido is, but football is pretty clearly based around seasons, and the Torres and Alvarez transfers were both in January, which was last season.

Torres obviously played half a season in Barcelona, while the Alvarez deal was 5.5 years, and reported at the time as City buying him then loaning him back to River Plate.

It'd incredibly foolish on city's part to wait for the trial. Mr Unmentionable is the absolute worst player to don the city shirt the last decade. Showed 0 professionalism and shxt all over the pitch when he did feature.

I'm 100% sure city is buying a proper left back in the upcoming weeks
The legal problem (from an employment law point of view) is that he goes on trial on 25th July, meaning that a verdict will probably be given before the close of the window on the 1st September.

In the event of him being acquitted, we're probably going to have to re-integrate him into the PL squad, however unpopular that may be.

But given his terrible performances for us when he was actually out, I'm betting that City are absolutely praying for him to get sent down (in which case we'll get compensation either from the player directly, or from our player insurance as well as having the right to cut off dead-weight immediately).

I don't know what the point of this debate is. The dude got this one very wrong, he wasn't mincing about and definitely said very clearly that Neymar is coming, and he isn't. Who knows what happened behind the scenes but for sure he was wrong and this will harm his credibility. I am not gonna start calling him a liar or hurl abuse at them, I still think they probably do know a thing or two inside the club, they got quite a few things right including exact days of announcement etc

My guess is whoever gave them the info didn't vet it properly, maybe lied to them, there was an inkling of conversation and they took it to mean something else. That's it
He didnt say neymar is definitely coming. 9320blue said we are doing all we can to bring neymar. Sometimes our best is not enough particularly in transfers. I believe we have talked with his representatives.
So he is not wrong with this rumor.

The legal problem (from an employment law point of view) is that he goes on trial on 25th July, meaning that a verdict will probably be given before the close of the window on the 1st September.

In the event of him being acquitted, we're probably going to have to re-integrate him into the PL squad, however unpopular that may be.

But given his terrible performances for us when he was actually out, I'm betting that City are absolutely praying for him to get sent down (in which case we'll get compensation either from the player directly, or from our player insurance as well as having the right to cut off dead-weight immediately).
Haha, Ikr

He didnt say neymar is definitely coming. 9320blue said we are doing all we can to bring neymar. Sometimes our best is not enough particularly in transfers. I believe we have talked with his representatives.
Just depends who you believe. TH has said this morning that we didn’t even speak with the player or PSG.

Doesn’t matter though people generally post in good faith and it was exciting while it lasted.

Just depends who you believe. TH has said this morning that we didn’t even speak with the player or PSG.

Doesn’t matter though people generally post in good faith and it was exciting while it lasted.
I think it’s clear from what Pep said that Neymar is not and was not on our radar at all.
Not having a go at anyone, but I’m fairly sure Pep is ITK : )

Finally, here's the score with @93:20Blue.

He wasn't hacked, but was posting - excitedly - in entirely good faith (anyone reading his succession of posts that night surely can't be in any doubt about that).

He was clearly wrong. Get over it.

If you want facts, and not rumours, then wait until there's a video of players on the OS sitting next to Txiki.

This forum is for people who have so little to do during the summer that they're willing to go into a state of hyperbole over something that a complete stranger posts about what they've heard that a friend of a friend of the cleaner has heard from the kitman.

Myself included.

I think that's too kind. He said we're going to blow the doors off and that we've gone and done it. It implied very heavily a done and dusted deal and not "speculative negotiations in very early stages"

In what way do we have to put a player into our squad? That’s our choice. We may be legally obliged to pay but not legally obliged to pay, or even put in the squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.