It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Everyone is guessing about the future, apart from few well established facts related to death and taxes :)

But not all guesses are equally good or bad!

Guesses can be more and less informed, more and less grounded in facts, etc.

I think that Naylor's info about Brighton contains more truth than groundless speculation, so it's closer to 100% than to 1%. His record provides evidence for this, it's not a groundless guess.

Your generalisations are guesses too btw, and not very good in this case imo :)

Time will tell (that I'm right :) )
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but doesn't mean you are correct in your opinion.
I will ask again if nobody knows the actual price that Tony Bloom & BHA want how can we be a million miles away from the asking price ????
I want facts not what people are surmising or what they've heard or read.

How are my generalisations as you put it guesses ??????

How many so called transfers do we see every season not just for City & how many actually happen

How do you know for certain thats what Naylor is posting is, from a source high enough up the food chain for it to be acurate, until this Cucurella saga I'd never heard of him.

It doesn't necessarily need to be that extreme, and it can still be true that nobody really knows, despite it not being entirely speculative rubbish.

If they are claiming the price Brighton would consider would 'start at' 50m, then even if it is something they have been told rather than guessed, that could still be 50m, could be 60 including Add-ons. If they have been told valuations are 20m apart, we might be offering 40m, not 30 which is a guess back from '50'.

It may or may not be speculative rubbish, but I think it is not unfair or wrong to say that nobody really knows.

Nobody really *knows*. Agree!

But some people are closer to truth in their reports or gueses than other people. Common sense! It's silly to think that everybody makes equally good/bad gueses simply because they are, well, guesses. That's speculative garbage.

My guess is that journo Naylor is right that Brighton's asking price is 50m. The + is added to indicate they won't go much lower than 50m if at all. That's my guess. Time will tell whether it's close to truth or a bit silly (due to taking Naylor's words seriously).

I'll be happy to be wrong! It would be great to sign Cucu for 40m. But it won't happen, imo.

Why does it take so long to come back with another bid?. Surely if 30m is rejected, can't we come back straight away with 40m plus add ons, then if that is rejected, 45m plus add ons etc etc. Could be done in minutes, unless it all boils down to the classic phrase of 'preparing a bid' pmsl
Yep, that's exactly how it works.

Why does it take so long to come back with another bid?. Surely if 30m is rejected, can't we come back straight away with 40m plus add ons, then if that is rejected, 45m plus add ons etc etc. Could be done in minutes, unless it all boils down to the classic phrase of 'preparing a bid' pmsl

Fancy buying my house?

PM me, I have some magic beans

Its all a dance, we have a price we are willing to pay but would happilly pay less if we can, likewise uf our valuation is too low for Brighton we will move on to the next target.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but doesn't mean you are correct in your opinion.
I will ask again if nobody knows the actual price that Tony Bloom & BHA want how can we be a million miles away from the asking price ????
I want facts not what people are surmising or what they've heard or read.

How are my generalisations as you put it guesses ??????

How many so called transfers do we see every season not just for City & how many actually happen

How do you know for certain thats what Naylor is posting is, from a source high enough up the food chain for it to be acurate, until this Cucurella saga I'd never heard of him.
Don’t know about a million miles but pretty sure we were more than a million quid away or it wouldn’t have been rejected

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.