It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Kimpembe is shite
I’m not really that sure anyone they are after is any good
Ake is ok
Koulibaly good but has played in Italy at a snails pace
Kounde I’m not really sure how good but maybe best of those three
Kimpembe is routinely the worst player on the pitch whenever we play PSG. Absolute garbage. If they’re genuinely going for him then they really are struggling.

Southampton apparently trying to get Edozie. I'm surprised that we're willing to sell him opposed to loaning him. Granted I haven't seen him play a ton, I remember being terribly impressed with him vs Leicester in the community shield last year.
Have Southampton joined the city group on the sly or something.
At least we’ll get a sell on fee when they sign for the dippers in three years

Southampton apparently trying to get Edozie. I'm surprised that we're willing to sell him opposed to loaning him. Granted I haven't seen him play a ton, I remember being terribly impressed with him vs Leicester in the community shield last year.

1 year left on his contract.

Think his contract runs out this summer

I'm just thinking back how many arguments there have been in the past about whether a youth player is good enough or not, ready or not, and getting really excited at the prospect of Southampton maybe starting 3 or 4 academy kids who weren't even on the edge of the first team last season.

Joe Shields is obviously really familiar with them, and recruiting them for Southampton because he thinks they're ready for premier league football.

This could be so valuable for City from the point of assessing our own youth players. It could be really valuable for Pep as well who used to talk about not trusting English academy players because unlike La Masia they aren't playing proper professional matches with paying crowds in the second division.

Also if they do well, we are going to make an absolute fucking fortune off selling kids around the Premier League for 10,15,20m a pop for uncapped and untested academy players.

Obviously thinks he can do better on his own,and looking at his progress over the past couple of seasons....i agree.He isnt the only one who could soon play in a Prem 11 either,IMO.

Obviously thinks he can do better on his own,and looking at his progress over the past couple of seasons....i agree.He isnt the only one who could soon play in a Prem 11 either,IMO.

Those guys going to Southampton and playing well would be the best thing that's happened to our academy in 10+ years.

Pep is hypercautious with academy players, but even he wouldn't ignore several kids he didn't think were ready proving they actually were. This is after all a man who was adamant KDB couldn't play as a number 8 until he saw Roberto Martinez do it for Belgium and then he did a complete 180.

The attention they'd get would also probably give every player who leaves City a 1 division bounce up in their career paths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.