It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

it's certainly more evident than the theory that he somehow invented a time machine to return back in time a week and report that cucurella is unhappy, based on what tolmie said TODAY.
By exercising and decalcifying the pineal gland, or third eye, it’s often said you can enter an enlightened state through intense meditation where the past, present and future happen simultaneously. People who have near death experiences often report a similar phenomena. Therefore a time machine need not be completely necessary.

Is it weird that i have this image of Tolmie sitting in a vast warehouse type room, where the walls are covered with huge fuck off tv screens playing his video clues constantly on a loop.
All whilst Tolmie sits on a throne cackling like Dr Evil at all us BM posters losing our shit over his posts.
Never met him, don’t know him but he’s old school and has my utmost respect.
A “proper” old school journo - and that is the greatest compliment you can pay in that industry
That means shoe leather, phone calls rather than emails and relationships built up over years and built on mutual trust.
I know all this insistence on facts and trusted, tried and tested sources is alien and anathema to the modern concept of football journalism: ie shitposting, ‘hot takes’ and clickbait
But glad there are still a few dinosaurs about maintaining standards

Never met him, don’t know him but he’s old school and has my utmost respect.
A “proper” old school journo - and that is the greatest compliment you can pay in that industry
That means shoe leather, phone calls rather than emails and relationships built up over years and built on mutual trust.
I know all this insistence on facts and trusted, tried and tested sources is alien and anathema to the modern concept of football journalism: ie shitposting, ‘hot takes’ and clickbait
But glad there are still a few dinosaurs about maintaining standards
All I know is he is from Moss side/fallowfield went to Claremont Rd, works hard so his kids don’t have to go through the sort of education he had, down sized his house for his kids education

Oh and is fucking blue to the core who occasionally posts some decent music videos and obviously has a contact within his work

All I know is he is from Moss side/fallowfield went to Claremont Rd, works hard so his kids don’t have to go through the sort of education he had, down sized his house for his kids education

Oh and is fucking blue to the core who occasionally posts some decent music videos and obviously has a contact within his work
Why am I hearing the ‘This is your life’ music playing in my head.

Probably have loads of mutual mates around town and in the trade but despite being from here, I never really worked in Manchester until a few years ago. I also never really worked in sport apart from boxing writing, which I did as a labour of love and a sideline to my usual court reporting gig

Probably have loads of mutual mates around town and in the trade but despite being from here, I never really worked in Manchester until a few years ago. I also never really worked in sport apart from boxing writing, which I did as a labour of love and a sideline to my usual court reporting gig
Not trying to be a smart arse. By court reporting you mean for the papers or one of the people who sits and types on the little machine everything that is said during trials?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.