It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Txiki and the club has made some great transfer business over the years, but the season starts in a week and the squad currently only have 2 senior fullbacks. No matter how you put it, thats not good enough. This should have been sorted weeks ago! If this is how long it takes to negotiate a deal they should have started sooner. Time to deliver, and hope this poor transfer planning doesnt punish us in the first few fixtures of the season. Could be the difference between winning the league or not.
Get a thick cashmere on.

Reactions: TFC
All legit observations and yet with all that it took a bad break in the 80 something minute for us to lose the match.

Because the game has no bearing on the standings I think a lot of things were handled loosely. The fact that we scored shortly thereafter doesn't change the fact that Matip went to ground unnecessarily and played the ball with his arm. it wasn't even looked at.

And the fact it took so long on an offside review on our goal when offside are normally the quickest VAR reviews tells me they were looking high and low for that one picture that would allow them to stick to the call of no goal made by the AR.

I know I'm going to be called parochial, but I actually understood Dias being so upset about the penalty call against him to the point he was carded. What was he supposed to do? He was running and turning at the same time with his arm in a natural running position. The space between him and Nunez was not enough for him to react in any way and yet he almost managed to pull his arm away. Nunez ball was also off target as the ball played the man and not vice versa. For me it was anti climactic, as City easily looked the better side after Alvarez goal. But whatever. There was no way on Earth they weren't going to take full advantage of an opportunity to aid the scouser cause.

BTW, I haven't seen any mention of Pep going to basically a 4-4-2 after KDB went off. We had Haaland and Alvarez in tight with Foden wide left and Bernardo wide right and Gundo and Rodri paired inside. It definitely caused Liverpool some problems. Something to look for as an option at times in the future.
I thought they said that the delay was that they also had to decide if Foden had fouled Adrian, which was probably a closer decision.

Txiki and the club has made some great transfer business over the years, but the season starts in a week and the squad currently only have 2 senior fullbacks. No matter how you put it, thats not good enough. This should have been sorted weeks ago! If this is how long it takes to negotiate a deal they should have started sooner. Time to deliver, and hope this poor transfer planning doesnt punish us in the first few fixtures of the season. Could be the difference between winning the league or not.
You expecting to catch many with that?

I don't want to question Pol as he's been good for us but Raphael Guerrero is available for a good fee for city. Not a ludicrous one

Berger Dortmunds number one journalist the guy who broke the Haaland news from Dortmunds side, has said before the window that Guerrero is available for 30 to 35 mil. Thats surely low enough for us.

what the fuck is the problem with City and Left backs?
Bad luck? Mendy was a disaster and we all clamoured for his signature. We have been bitten a few times and I can see why we are reluctant to do so again. £50m is stupid money for an unproven player. Maybe it’s time the scouting department solved this problem area.

I am beginning to feel that our signing of a new LB will be delayed until next summer.
I don't think there are any good options left for us this summer.

Bad luck? Mendy was a disaster and we all clamoured for his signature. We have been bitten a few times and I can see why we are reluctant to do so again. £50m is stupid money for an unproven player. Maybe it’s time the scouting department solved this problem area.
This is the key here for me, he’s had one decent season in a very average side and won player of the season for them! That’s it, he’s not a proven winner, nor is he proven in anything to be honest.
He’s a gamble worth taking at the right price, as desperate for a PB as we are, we don’t deem £50m as the right price and I agree with the club. He’s over priced and when people compare his price to Grealish etc it’s a daft comparison. JG is English, an international regular playing in his home league, he was at his boyhood club and has high expectations on his shoulders from the media, fans and club. Cucurella plays a totally different position with totally different expectations, as I say he is a risk we were willing to take at the right price.
The owners are not stupid, they do deals daily and they see this as a none starter at the price quoted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.